CHAPTER 2

It's the middle of the week and Taehyung's classes end early. But instead of heading straight to Jimin, a shared tradition that they've always done every time either one of them happens to have free time, he makes his way to his dorm room.

He was told that he'd finally get a roommate today, and Taehyung was ecstatic. Most people would probably kill to be in his position, having a two-bedroom dorm room all to himself, but it gets lonely more often than he'd like.

He's a social butterfly by default, always craving for company no matter how drained he may feel after a long day of classes. So when he learned that he'd finally have someone to share the dorm's huge space with, he was thrilled. Taehyung already has a long list of fun things they could do together—Mario Kart tournaments, ordering takeout from his favorite chicken place down the street, movie nights, anime marathons, breakfast on Saturdays with Jimin and Hoseok—he's practically vibrating with all the possibilities.

Taehyung spends an unnecessarily long time cleaning up and getting ready. The fridge is fully stocked now—he sincerely hopes his new roommate likes strawberry juice—and he even buys extra sets of plates and cutlery, and goes as far as fluffing up the throw pillows on the couch to make it look comfortable and inviting. He's halfway through debating whether he should buy some pretty flowers for the coffee table when there's a knock on the door.

When he opens it, the wide and welcoming smile on his face is replaced with an agape jaw as soon as his brain registers what he's seeing.

Is he dreaming? He's probably dreaming, right?

This is all some insanely vivid fantasy and he's actually fast asleep in bed right now because the boy responsible for virtually every single orgasm Taehyung has had lately is standing two feet away from him.

And he's even more incredibly pretty in person.

Fuck.

"Guess you're my new roommate?" The boy asks, and there's that voice—lower and raspier in real life—and it takes everything in Taehyung not to scream. Or maybe explode.

Fuck.

"I'm Min Yoongi," the other boy says, and he somehow sounds very far away, like time has somehow frozen and there's a distant ringing in Taehyung's ears that he's sure isn't there seconds ago.

No, you're not, Taehyung thinks automatically. You're Gloss, and I've spent the past three months getting off to you and your videos. I haven't even been having sex because of you. Because no one is like you. No one even comes close to you.

He'd recognize those eyes anywhere, dark and piercing, and his gaze falls to Gloss'—no, Min Yoongi 's—lips, all pink and naturally curved into a cute little pout, and he thinks of all the times he's imagined it pressing into his skin, wrapping prettily around the head of his cock and fuck, fuck , is he seriously getting half-hard right now?

This is terrible. His hormones are terrible.

"Er, d'you mind if I come in? I have a lot of stuff, and it's kind of weird, just... standing here in the hallway..." Yoongi trails off awkwardly, and this snaps Taehyung out of his internal panic, and he steps aside so the other boy can head inside.

Taehyung takes a peek at the boxes outside of the room. It's not much, and they're all neatly seated so they're not exactly a deep insight into his new roommate, but he wonders if the dark sheets Yoongi often favors are folded somewhere in there, if he's packed the pillows he uses to prop himself up—

"I need help," Taehyung mutters helplessly before he can stop himself, and when Yoongi turns to him quizzically, he quickly adds, "Uh, I mean... do you need help? To unpack?" Real smooth.

Yoongi casts him a tight-lipped but grateful smile and shakes his head. "It's okay. Maybe you can just help me carry the boxes to my room?"

Taehyung nods, bending down to pick up a particularly large and heavy box. He hears Yoongi's voice from inside and nearly drops the whole thing when he calls out, "Be careful with that one. I have camera equipment in there."

Taehyung is so, so fucked.