CHAPTER 5

It turns out that accidentally—or maybe intentionally, Taehyung doesn't fucking know anymore—masturbating to his roommate has some seriously awkward consequences.

Taehyung is just about to run out the door the next morning when he sees Yoongi on the couch, and for a terrifying few seconds, he wonders if the other boy is up this early because he's heard everything last night and wants to confront him.

He doesn't.

Yoongi is staring at his phone, lips all naturally pink and pouty, and it takes everything in Taehyung not to think of where he had imagined that mouth was last night. He can still see the image of Yoongi's mouth around his cock, seemingly burned into his retinas.

"Hey Tae, did you have a good sleep?"

"W-what do you mean?"

If Yoongi hears the high-pitched panic in Taehyung's voice just now, he doesn't seem all too keen on pointing it out. "Sorry I didn't come home last night," he apologizes. "I was at the studio and I just got here."

Oh.

Taehyung silently says a thank you prayer to every known deity in existence.

Now utterly relieved—or just increasingly stupid—Taehyung settles himself onto the couch next to Yoongi. This close, he can see the dark circles forming under Yoongi's pretty eyes, exhaustion clear as day. His hair is tousled, cheeks all round and puffy, and Taehyung resists the urge to just... squish him.

Apparently, he has very conflicting reactions to Yoongi that he doesn't really know how to reconcile.

"You should have told me. I could have made you breakfast at least," Taehyung impulsively says out of concern, and Yoongi just smiles faintly at him. It makes his heart skip several beats.

"It's fine," he answers as dismissively as possible, but that quickly diminishes when he yawns widely in the middle of his sentence.

Taehyung tries his very best not to openly coo at him, because god, that was more adorable than Yoongi probably intended and he's just naturally drawn to cute people unintentionally doing cute things.

"Hyung! You should really take a nap," Taehyung admonishes.

Yoongi opens his mouth to protest, only to yawn again, and sleepy tears actually well in his eyes, and Taehyung wants to die . This is too much, even for him.

"Come on, let's get you to bed..." Taehyung is about to tug Yoongi up, but the other boy only lets out a pathetic little whine, settling deeper into the couch cushions and pulling Taehyung down to the couch by the arm.

Taehyung's resolve cracks when Yoongi curls himself up into his side, head burying itself into the crook of Taehyung's neck and hands still clinging tightly to his arm.

His heart is going a million miles a minute, hard enough that it hammers wildly against his chest, and he sincerely hopes Yoongi is too exhausted to feel it. Taehyung looks down, and Yoongi yawns widely for the third consecutive time, but it's more content this time, lashes fluttering against his cheeks as he closes his eyes.

Taehyung half-wonders if Yoongi's neck will eventually hurt later if he falls asleep like this, and against every cautious fiber of his being, he ignores the alarm bells ringing loudly in his head and lifts his arm to wrap it around Yoongi's curled frame, gently pressing him closer.

Yoongi looks so, so small and soft like this, nestling against Taehyung like he fits perfectly, like this is how it's always been, and Taehyung's heart bursts with fondness.

He would gladly sell his soul to the nearest bidder if it means he can cuddle Yoongi like this for the rest of his life.