4

Conclusion. The village wasn’t destroyed.

All of the villagers were still alive. Neither a monster’s appearance nor the shadow of one could be seen. The cows were mooing and the sheep were eating grass. The villagers were either working on the field, doing laundry in the river, or chopping firewood. It was very peaceful.

“No way… even though it was completely ruined…”

My jaw dropped. In my first playthrough this village was annihilated. The houses were on the fire, the square had become a sea of blood, and so on. When they saw the village’s condition, the brave and his friends had gone around to examine the village. The brave, warrior, and priestess were like, “Is there anything precious?” “There is a chest that seems like it can be used by the priestess.”
“Fufufu, they really know fashion sense even though it’s rural area. Is it night equipment?” while exploring the village.

“Ruined? What do you mean Nene-sama?”

“…No, it’s nothing.”

I shook my head to answer Flan’s pondering expression.

I see, it’s ‘not yet’ destroyed. I only know about the monsters annihilating a subjugation party and a village, but I didn’t know about the attack order. We arrived here on time.

“Ooi Flan! You’re safe!”

An auntie with a good body came with a lot of bread in a big basket.

“Aunt Rashi!”

Flan ran to the auntie named Rashi with sparkling eyes.

“Welcome home. Are you hurt somewhere?”

“I’m fine. I got some wounds but Nene-sama here helped me.”

“Oh my goodness. Are you a healer-san?”

Flan looked at me.

“Err… well, something like that.”

I avoid the words. I would be troublesome if my identity as necromancer was known. For me and also for Flan who became undead.

“Thank you, thank you. This child is always doing absurd things. I was very worried when I heard she joined the subjugation party. If you like, here eat this.”

Rashi gave us bread she took from the basket. The bread was too huge! I almost can’t hold it with my two arms. Did I have to walk like this?

Ah… but the bread smelled so good. Come to think of it, last night I fell asleep without receiving food from the braves.

“Is this village your birthplace, Flan?”

“No, my birthplace and the place I was raised is further away. I was working as a mercenary around this area, and went to Obuza village on my day off. Everyone is so kind, aunt Rashi is helpful like a mother… This place is something like my second home. I’m glad aunty is safe…”

“…I see.”

I, have seen that person, rolled on the road side, dead. Rather than now, this time in the future is already the past for me.

“But there is no monster, and the village is fine. I’m really sorry to make you come here. I’m relieved now.”

“No… it’s too fast to be relieved…”

“Eh?”

There were loud roars getting closer to the village. Blood horses, blazing cows, and double headed wolves. Herds of bloodthirsty monsters rushed with a tremor. Something like that can’t be defeated just by ordinary mercenaries. Each of them is just a C rank monster, but the number was too much.