9

When I arrived in the town of Nald, the first thing I did before looking for a lodging was visiting the cemetery. Because Nald was a pretty big town, its cemetery was also considerably large. There were only tombstones and withered trees as far as the eye can see.

The crows cawing while flapping their wings, a grave keeper cabin that was likely to crumble at any time also being built there. Everything made the air feel great. I really didn’t want to sleep outdoors but for a necromancer, the cemetery is the most calming place after all.

“…Yeah! I can feel the fresh corpses gathered here!”

I got satisfied after looking around the cemetery.

“Nene-sama, what will we do this time?”

Flan seemed unable to calm down and asked. This girl, even though she was undead she seems still not really good with corpse or anything similar.

“This town you know, will be occupied by the demon tribe in three days.”

“Why does… Nene-sama know that?”

“Because I know everything?”

“I see! Nene-sama really knows everything!”

While admiring her for how honest she was, I continued my story.

“So, because the town will release a quest to recapture the town, I’m thinking about putting some underlings throughout the town for the quest at once. Grandma also said it, for cooking and dead bodies, preparation is important!”

Flan repeatedly blinked her eyes.

“Err… that’s… isn’t it better to defeat the demon tribe before they occupy the town…?”

“… Eh? Why?”

“If we know when and how they will attack, then we could protect the town, and we can do it without injuring the town residents.”

“…Aaa! Aaa! That’s right! I didn’t think of that idea…”

I was careless! I only thought about how I can complete the quest before the Brave. But then I put both of my index finger on my temple and tilted my body to the side. Thinking.

“But, if we defeat the demon tribe before the quest is released we can’t get the rewards right? And I can’t get my revenge on the Brave…”

“Still, Nene-sama can save the lives of the citizenry! Because Nene-sama is kind, Nene-sama should give priority to human life.”

“It’s not like I’m kind you know…”

“No, Nene-sama is very kind! I believe in Nene-sama!”

“Un……”

I was troubled with how she saw me with her sparkling eyes.

“I’ll tell you again, I‘m not traveling because I want to save people…”

“Nene-sama saved my life!”

“I’m didn’t save you! You’re dead!”

“Nene-sama…”

Her eyes sparkling.

“Jeez… it can’t be helped! Only this time! Only this time you know!”

I emphasized it multiple times while hitting my waist with my hand.

So, the power of magical beings[1] increase when it’s night-time.

Based on information I gathered from the first playthrough, the demon tribe will start their attack from the town’s west gate. Then, a sudden roar was raised up from the silent wilderness. It was a sign that a group of kobolds were about to begin their onslaught.