high school AU (10/10)

i wrote this literally a year ago i don't remember if it's good or not

As Stephen finishes adding an exclamation mark, May and Tony come back both with coffee and smiles on their faces.

"Oh hey, you're back!"

Peter immediately starts going on to May about something and Tony looks over at Stephen while drinking from his to-go cup. His tongue is slightly poking out his mouth from the concentration he's putting into writing Peter's cast, he guesses.

Sometimes Stephen gets random shakes in his hands so he has to try hard to make his writing okay, so maybe that's what's happening now?

Or maybe he's nervous...But why would he be nervous? It just doesn't make any sense.

When Peter can see that Stephen signed it, he hurriedly takes the pen and puts it at his other bedside, startling Stephen slightly.

"Okay uh, May and I need to talk privately so can you two just step outside for a minute?"

May looks just as confused as the other two, but Tony stands up and nods.

"Alright. Have fun."

He steps outside already and Stephen gives Peter a pleading look.

"Can I not just put my hands over my ears? Play my music loud?"

Peter gives him a stern look and shakes his head. "Nope. Not. Go on."

Stephen gives him an even more desperate look but Peter's expression is unwavering, which leads to Stephen sighing inwardly and also leaving the room, his feet dragging slightly.

May turns back to her nephew, who has an excited smile on his face.

"So...What did you wanna talk about?"

Peter turns to May, tilting his head in confusion before remembering what she means. "Oh! No, I don't need to talk about anything, I just needed them to talk to each other about their feelings because they're idiots who can't do it themselves."

May stares at him in disbelief and he does an exaggerated villain laugh before it turns into a coughing fit, probably because of his broken rib.

Tony sees Stephen also walk out the door and feels his eyebrows raise, but tries to hide his obvious shock and looks straight ahead at the door ahead of him.

He's stood leaning against the wall next to Peters room and drinking his coffee at way too fast of a pace when he sees Stephen sit next to him.

"Tony-"

"Nope."

He drinks the last of his coffee and throws it in the bin across from him, seeing it land directly in front of the trash can and sighs

"Nailed it."

He walks over to pick it up and Stephen tries not to laugh but looks up at him when he comes back.

"Please. Please can we talk?"

He knows he has a tone of despair to his voice but he needs to fix this with Tony, because even if Tony doesn't want to be his...Boyfriend, he's still always been Stephen's best friend and he doesn't want to lose that.

He 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 lose that. He can't lose Tony.

Tony looks at his face for a couple of seconds before swallowing nothing because suddenly his mouth is chalky dry.

"Okay. We can talk."

It's barely a whisper but he knows Stephen heard it because he pats his hand on the seat next to him, which Tony stares at for another few seconds before sitting in it.

"First of all, I want to know what was going on with the flowers...And the note. It was a shitty note.

Stephen laughs a little and nods.

"Yeah. Yeah, it was. I'm sorry about that Tony. Uh. The note...I had just gone to the florist that's in the street between our houses to get you some and thought 'Hey I'll call Peter and tell him the good news, he would love to know we're together' so I called him but then he got in trouble. I still wanted to give you the flowers though, so I managed to find someone a pen and that was the first thing that came to my mind."

Stephen looks at Tony nervously but can't quite place his expression. He looks...like he never has before.

Tony feels...shocked again, to say the least. In his mind, that means that Stephen...

That he...

Stephen looks down too, out of embarrassment, but then keeps rambling.

"And I know it's a stupid note and it didn't make sense but-"

"You feel the same way?"

Stephen looks up too, each knowing they're both blushing a ridiculous amount but nods slowly.

"Yeah. I do."

Tony feels a smile spread across his cheeks but Stephen feels almost paralysed in fear.

Stephen feels like he's just not cared about at all sometimes. But the fact Tony Stark notices him and maybe wants to be his boyfriend is shocking but it's also the best thing...Ever.

"I like you a lot, Tony. And after now I'm not gonna mess up again."

Tony smiles more softly and doesn't think too much before he leans forward quickly, giving Stephen the quickest kiss ever recorded in history probably, feeling his whole face get hot but tries hiding it with a smart ass grin and sitting back again.

"I know you won't Steph. I get it. You just wanted to help Peter and if you'd of gone to me instead Peter he probably wouldn't have made it. So."

Stephen manages to break out of his frozen trance and nods.

"Yeah...Yeah. I'll take you on a proper date to make up for it soon I promise. It'll be great. And I'll give you the flowers in person. Without a note."

Tony laughs at that and nods.

"Good. I think I'm done with notes for a while now."

They both laugh a little, embarrassed clearly, but Stephen stands up suddenly.

"I'm gonna go and get stuff from the vending machine okay?"

Tony nods again and smiles, also standing up and stepping back near Peter's room.

"Okay! Yeah, cool. I'll see you in a minute?"

"Mhm! Okay uh...Bye."

Tony gives a small wave and Stephen starts walking down the hall to the canteen area, hiding the skip in his step before he looks over his shoulder and sees Tony walking into the hospital room.

Stephen can't stop smiling.

Maybe it was just a little awkward but he's still ecstatic. Tony doesn't hate him and now he's his boyfriend.

Kind of.

He's not sure yet, but whatever they are, he's happy about it.

Hopefully, they can all be happy now.

this is the last part of this entire book i'm never posting anything ever again and half of this is just so bad so yeah i hope you enjoyed and thank you for all of the reads omg???