high school AU (8/?)

Tony drives himself to the hospital as fast as he can and as soon as he's there, runs up to the front desk. 

"I'm looking for a Peter Parker? Is he here? Is he okay?" 

The man at the reception nonchalantly nods and points his pen in the direction of a corridor diagonal from them both, which Tony turns around to look at.

It's painted a pleasant shade of yellow, which he assumes is meant to comfort people, but it's doing the opposite for Tony. He's sure there's a sickly green hint to the yellow and it makes him feel like throwing up.

Not that he didn't already before. It's just worse now. 

"Down that corridor and 5th door on the right."

Tony nods and thanks to the man before going down and following his instructions. In the room, he sees May, Stephen, and most importantly Peter sat upright in the bed, in a hospital gown and eating a Cuban sandwich, his favourite. 

Tony lets out a sigh of relief and looks over at May for permission to come in, which she grants with just a small nod and Tony steps inside, sitting on a chair next to May rather than the one next to Stephen.

He simply gives him a side glance and looks over at Peter.

"Hey, Pete. How're you feeling?" 

He laughs a little and looks at Tony humorously. "Like I just got a concrete building dropped on me."

Tony huffs a laugh too and reaches out, putting a hand on Peter's shin comfortingly, because it's directly in front of him and he can't see a cast on it so he assumes it's not broken.

"Sounds rough. Maybe tonight's cursed to select people."

He sees Stephen look at Tony with guilty eyes and then down at the floor instead.

Tony doesn't care anymore. He's only here for Peter and for May too, but not Stephen. 

May excuses herself, saying she's going to get coffee, and Tony is about to stand up and follow her before Peter weakly grabs his arm.

"Can you at least sign my cast before you leave?"

"Nope," Tony mutters, as he sits down again and takes the pen off of the clipboard at the bottom of the bed. "definitely not."

Peter giggles sleepily and Tony writes 'TONY STARK :)" in all capitals and large on the cast before writing "(AKA your 3rd best friend)" smaller under it in brackets before smiling and ruffling Peters hair, making glare before leaving to follow May.

"Hey May!" She turns around and waits for Tony to catch up, and he smiles at her when he does. 

"Hey."

"Hi, kid. You okay?"

The kid in question shrugs and walks beside her into the canteen.

"So so. My night has been pretty crappy but not anything compared to you and Peter's."

She laughs as she goes over to the instant coffee machine and turns it on, getting a decaf.

"Yeah, this is gonna go down in...at least the top 10...How was your night other than this? I expect you were sleeping?"

Speaking of sleep, Tony probably should. He hasn't slept in for a while now and he knows he needs to, but he keeps getting night terrors about so many things he doesn't even want to risk it.

"Not exactly. I was crying because of a certain someone still sat in Peter's hospital room who's not Peter."

May looks at him shocked as she pays for her coffee and moves out the way so Tony can get his.