-14

Warning- Slight mention of drugs.

Thomas stood by the doorway of their shared bedroom, the same questioning look on his face. He was adamant on getting answers.

When Leon saw the look of determination on his face, he knew he couldn't just get by this. He watched as Thomas walked around the room, daunting him.

"You know, it's not everyday someone like you gets into fights." He spoke, flicking off some of the dust that sat on the bookshelf. Leon's embrace on Elizabeth tightened, he wouldn't say anything, he was set on that thought.

Thomas on the other hand, was not to fond of his identifiable hesitancy.

"You may be able to hid it from them, but I know you all to well big brother." He stopped in back of him. Chills ran down Leon's spin as he but his tongue, continuing to refuse to say anything.

"But," he paused, picking up a piece of paper that lay on Leon's bedside table. "If that is how you want to be, so be it, you made your bed, sleep in it." He ended his speech quickly, tossing the paper carelessly before making his way out of the room, not sharing another glance with either of his siblings in the room.

Leon looked at the paper that laid lonely on the floor, his heart pounding against his chest. It felt as if he was on a roller coaster, the feeling of his stomach dropping became more clear to him.

It was a piece of paper that Thomas had given to him, a letter he had wrote in school from an assignment they had. The assignment was to write to someone you loved, someone who was your best friend.

Leon thought back to a few days ago when he had received it. His heart was so warm back then, now it felt as if it was shriveled up. He knew it was bad to keep secrets, especially if it was from the person you only wanted to keep safe.

Now, his best friend wanted nothing to do with him, all because he couldn't man up and tell him the truth of why he had gotten into a fight.

He had to fix this.

LTIU

Dylan leaned against the wall of a sketchy building just across the street from Tim's. Tims was a diner that was built on the bad side of town.

Even though it's location was bad, the food definitely wasn't, but that wasn't why Dylan was here. Looking down at his phone he looked at the time.

11:36

He gripped his phone tighter in his hands, only a few more minutes then I'll leave. He thought, looking down either side of the dimly lit sidewalk. A nudge was felt behind him, Dylan reached for the small pocket knife inside his jacket, only pulling his hand away when he realized who it was.

"Here." The voice said, not wasting anytime and placing a small baggie filled with a white substance in his hands. Dylan stuffed it in his pockets.

"It's all I can give for now, their onto me." They told him, pulling their hoodie down when a group of people walked past them. Dylan nodded, setting up a different time they could meet for the rest. He waited for the person to leave before pulling out the baggie pockets and opening it.

It's only a little bit.

He reassured himself. Pouring some of the substance out and snorting it into his nostril, feeling his body relax.

Just to relieve the pain.

But oh Dylan, what you don't know won't hurt you, right?

LTIU

Shivers ran up Sawyers spin as a presence came up behind him. Turning slightly in his position in his bed, Sawyers eyes met the small figure of Elizabeth. He had almost forgotten the night he had.

With Elizabeth still sick and Christian having to work late hours at work, it was Sawyer, the second oldest, who had to take care of her.

He released a breath of relief when he realized she was only turning in her sleep. Getting up from his position, Sawyer walked through the house, going downstairs and grabbing a glass of water before leaning against the counter and drinking it in big gulps.

He felt so stressed.

A click from the front door put him on alert. Christian wasn't supposed to be home until morning, who was at the door?

Dylan's form came through the threshold, giving him a sense of calm but also question. It seemed he hadn't noticed him standing there as he slowly locked the door.

It was only when he turned to walk upstairs when he noticed Sawyer, who had stood with his arms crossed.

"Uh, hey Sawyer." Dylan chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck.

"What we're you doing out so late." Sawyer cut in.

"Yknow, girls and shit." Dylan played it off, opening the fridge.

"You don't look like you just got laid." Sawyer raised an eyebrow. "Trust me I know what you look like when you've just gotten laid."

"What the hell that's kind of creepy you know." Dylan joked. Sawyer didn't laugh.

Dylan winced when Sawyers hand slammed on his shoulder.

"We'll whatever it is, make sure you don't make lots of noise when you come home, it's kind of hard to get the kids back to sleep." He smiled before walking away from Dylan who looked surprised, probably because he didn't overly get questioned like usual. He watched as Sawyer put his glass into the sink and walked back up the stairs.

That was unusual.

End.