Epilogue

5 Years Later

Lizzie watched as the movers moved all of Dylans stuff into a small truck, tears clouding her vision.

Dylan was moving out with his long term girlfriend, McKenna to an apartment not to far from the house.

She could hear the laughter of her older brother as he conversed with some of the neighbors who had nosily come out to see what all the commotion was about.

She watched with a heavy heart as they finished moving the remaining boxes from Dylans old room, she couldn't believe he was leaving, at a time like this, when she needed him most.

"Darling." Christians voice came from behind her, startling the poor girl as her head whipped around so fast, she was surprised she didn't get whiplash.

Christian was leaning against the door frame to their small house, a cigarette in his right hand as he watched her. He was clad in a black tank top and black sweatpants which greatly accommodated the weather.

His mouth was pulled into a frown as a single tear ran down his little sisters cheek. Christian immediately pulled her into a hug.

"It'll be okay darling, think of it as if it's a new chapter in our lives." He soothed, brushing her hair with his hands.

"Why is everyone leaving?" She cried, hugging Christian tighter, his tank top wet with tears.

Leon was leaving in a few weeks, being drafted to the Air Force while Sawyer was moving out to his own apartment, still experimenting with the women in his life.

Now Dylan, who had been her safety blanket for the past few years was moving out, leaving only Christian, Lizzie and Thomas who would be graduating in two years anyway and eventually move out to go to college.

It was clear their family had moved on from their minimalist life, moving onto bigger things.

"Lizzie." Dylans voice popped in, scaring her. Lizzie turned to find Dylan, who was looking at her with a sad expression, holding his arms out wide.

Christian walked back into the house, leaving them with some privacy. Lizzie didn't hesitate when she ran into her brothers arms, clutching her tightly.

"I didn't know you felt that way." He whispered to her, his arms wrapping around her small frame.

Lizzie sniffled, her heart was still heavy, she never wanted her family to break apart.

"I'm not leaving," he looked down at her "I'm just going live somewhere else, I'll still always be in your life." He smiled at her. "You can always call me if you need anything and I'll be here in a second." He promised her.

Lizzie buried her face deeper into her brothers chest, to which he sighed, rubbing her back.

LTIU

The family had gotten together for their last dinner all together that night, wanting to cherish all the last moments of all of them living together one last time.

Lizzie was setting the table while Christian stirred the food, Leon or Thomas not in sight.

When the doorbell rang Lizzie popped up, running towards the door before swiftly opening it, revealing the face of a smiling Dylan and McKenna.

Lizzie loved McKenna, she was like the sister she never had. So naturally, Lizzie grabbed McKennas hand, leading her to the dining room while telling her all that happened this morning, McKenna listening intently as Lizzie spills all the drama about her brothers.