𝑻𝒆𝒏

Jasper's features had a look of anger and fear at the story Lily told him

Jasper's features had a look of anger and fear at the story Lily told him. It was the reason they moved so far away and that they never looked back at Vermont. 

"He bit you?" Lily nodded at his question, and she rolled up her sleeve to show him the scar he left. Jasper drew an unnecessary breath and traced the deep bite mark. 

"He was a vampire, Lily. How did he not turn you? How was the pain?" He asked. Lily furrowed her brows and bit her lip anxiously. 

"I'm not sure. It hurt a  little, but it healed so fast. I don't have any thursts or red eyes. It was strange, but I didn't turn. Maybe I'm immune?" She rambled, shaking her head in thought. Jasper cupped both of her cheeks to look her in the eyes. 

"That's good... but I'll get Carlisle on it. He's been on this earth for a long time and has many books to look into." He smiled softly and pressed a cold kiss to her forehead. 

"Okay. Is there- is there something wrong with me?" She asked with a  heavy heart. Jasper quickly shook his head with wide eyes. 

"No, of course not. This is a good thing." He replied quickly. Lily nodded her head and pressed her forehead to his chest in thought. 

"Don't you want me to turn? So that we could be together?" She asked softly, as though if she spoke too loud, she'd get rejected. 

"I do... but it's not your time yet. Plus, from what it sounds like, the venom doesn't work on you. And I think the universe has other plans for you." He said as he wrapped his arms around her.

"Like what?" She inquired. 

"I'm not sure." 

~~~

"I want to take you to our family's baseball game," Jasper spoke out of the blue. Jasper was reading a book to a sleepy Lily in his room, cuddling up under a blanket. 

"Baseball?" She asked with a giggle. Jasper nodded seriously, although a smile stretched itself across his lips. 

"Baseball. There's going to be a thunderstorm, and with our strength, the hits sound like thunder. We love to play, but it's hard to do it on a sunny or normal rainy day." He explained to her. Lily nodded and smiled up at him.

"I'd love to. But I'm afraid I'm not that athletic." She chuckled. 

"Bella's coming too." He said, convincing the blonde to go. 

"Okay! Sure, let's do it. I'm glad I'm not the only human going. Well... I guess I'm not as human as she is, right?" She joked. They still didn't get any good information about what happened. They concluded that she was at least part human, had some sort of abilities, and was immune to vampire venom. 

"Carlisle wants to do some tests with venom. Are you up for it? It could go very wrong. But we can suck the venom out if it does." Jasper spoke after a beat of silence.