𝑺𝒊𝒙

Lily grabbed her portable easel and set off into the woods, writing her mother a note that she had gone out

Lily grabbed her portable easel and set off into the woods, writing her mother a note that she had gone out. The stars shining in the sky, the moonlight making the ground glow in its silvery light. The blonde tied her hair into a bun and began to enter the forest. She should be afraid, there were animal attacks recently, but she brought the mace Charlie gave her. If anything, it'll distract the thing, and she can either run or climb a tree. 

Lily pushed the tree limbs that reached out for her, almost scratching her delicate skin. She hummed a small tune in her head, making up for the time. She made sure to make her footfalls as silent as possible and not startle the precious creatures roaming the forest. The girl smiled as she found a perfect spot for painting. She set out her easel, paints, brushed, and looked to the sky. She chose to paint the trees and sky this time. Hopefully, she won't be interrupted like last time. 

Using dark blues, browns, and greens, she used her brush like a magic wand, putting what she saw onto the canvas. She must've been there for hours before finishing the painting. 

She checked her phone, the blinding light in the dark forest hurting her eyes. 1 am. Shit. She thought. Moms gonna kill me.

Lily started her trek home when she came across a beautiful deer. It glanced at her briefly before beginning to graze at the patch of grass below it. Before she could move an inch, something large and fast attacked the deer, making her breath hitch, a scream threatening to bubble up her throat. A man came into view, sucking the blood out of the deer. When he turned, he spotted the blonde and dropped the bow dead deer. 

"J-jasper?" She breathed out. He tried to step towards her, but she stepped back, almost tripping in a root. 

"This... this can't be true. I knew it. I knew it! But I-" she started to cry out of fear. "Please don't hurt me." She begged. Jasper was in front of her with a flash. 

"No, no Lily... I would never hurt you. You know that." Jasper said softly, trying to reach out for her hand. Lily flinched back and gasped. 

"But you're... a vampire. I knew it was a possibility, but... this is too weird. My head hurts from just thinking about it." She sighed, rubbing her temples. 

"Are you afraid of me?" He asked, tilting his head with a deep frown. Lily looked up at him, thinking about every encounter they've ever had. Every thought she has of him brings her peace, a feeling of safety.

"No."

"No? I'm a monster, Lily." He scoffed, trying to scare her away. She shook her head, knowing what a real monster looks like.

"You may be a vampire, Jasper, but you're not a monster. Just a glorified cowboy." She quipped, trying to ease the tension. This made his frown turn into a slight grin—a bitter chuckle leaving his body.

    "I could kill you." 

    "But you won't." She said confidently. He stared her down before sighing. "You could've killed me that day in the forest too. But here I am." She said, her voice lost its shakiness. Lily reverted to her ways of coping with fear by pushing it aside. Jasper shook his head and put a hand on the side of Lily's neck.