𝑬𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

Storm clouds had gathered in the sky above as Jasper drove to the baseball site

 "So, baseball." Giggled Lily. Jasper was on edge about what had happened a day prior, but Lily had brushed it off and wanted to enjoy the day with his family.

"Yes, baseball." He smirked, his tense shoulders loosening now that Lily was talking more and joking around.

"I've never played before," Lily admitted with a shy yet excited smile. 

"It's fun. You won't be the only human so that you won't be lonely, and I get to show off my amazing skills." Jasper grinned. The blonde shoved him gently, though he didn't move, and scoffed out a chuckle. 

"So you're a show-off?" She asked, crossing her arms and peering up at her boyfriend. 

"Maybe. But only for you." He said. Lily's heart melted at his words, and by the soft smile on his face when he looked at her, it was apparent on her features as well.

When the couple made it to the field, Rosalie ran up and hugged the human with a  giant smile. Lily hugged back and embraced a giddy Alice as well. 

"Have you ever played?" Rosalie asked. Lily shook her head, and Jasper walked up with furrowed brows.

"Whoa, whoa, she's not playing with us. not like we do." Jasper scolded. Lily knitted her eyebrows together in confusion.

"Why not? I just have to stand by the sidelines?" Lily asked, looking back up at her lover. Jasper sighed in time with Roslies huff.

"She can. I heard her story, and it's obvious she's not all human. I want to see if she can do this." Rosalie bargained. Lily nodded and crossed her arms as the rest of the Cullens, minus Edward and Bella, stared. 

"No. But you can play catch with her or something." Jasper sighed, chucking a ball at Rosalie, who caught it effortlessly. Lily whined softly and kicked the dirt, turning to a sad Rosalie before Edwards car joined Jasper's. 

Esme and Emmet came to greet Bella while the rest either waved or simply ignored her, ignoring done by Rosalie, of course. 

"Good thing you guys are here. We need an umpire." Esme said. 

"She thinks we cheat." Emmet chuckled. 

"Oh, I bet you do." Lily chuckled, earning herself a playful shove from Rosalie. 

"I know you cheat. Call 'em as you see 'em, girls." When they were about to start, thunder rolled in, and alive smirked at her place on the pitcher's mound. 

"It's time." 

As deep rumblings from above sound, they get into position as Esme is at the catcher's stance, Rosalie at the batter, Alice the pitcher, and Emmet and Edward in the field. Jasper wrapped his arms around Lily's front and pulled her to his chest as they watched them play. It wasn't his turn yet, but Lily was already enthralled by the sound of thunder when Rosalie hit the lightning-fast ball that Alice threw. The thundering hit was followed by actual thunder, which interested the girl. She shared a glance with Bella, whose eyes held wonder.