𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓

"La Push, baby

    "La Push, baby. You in?"

    The group of teenagers sat in their respective seats at lunch. Bella looked at Eric, confused.

"Should I know what that means?" Lily chuckled softly at her response. 

"It's the beach at the reservation," Lily told her, slapping her arm softly. 

"We're all going after school. Big swell coming in," Mike told the girls. 

"And I don't just serf the internet." Quipped Eric, making Angela laugh.

"Eric, you stood once. On a foam board." Jessica said with a laugh. Eric poured at her words and leaned closer to Bella. 

"There whale watching too. Come with." Lily smiled at Angela and agreed to go at the promise of whales. 

"La Push, baby. La. Push."

"I'll go if you stop saying that." Bella chuckled, the whole group joining in.

~~~

Lily walked into history, dreading the class after Jasper and his rude words the other day. As she walked towards her seat, Jasper was burning holes into the side of her face. She sat down and got her things ready. She glanced at Jasper and caught his eye.

"We're going to La Push. Wanna come?" She asked quickly. She still wanted to be friends. And she'll be damned if he tried to stop her. 

"We're talking again?" 

"Yes. Come with me. There's whale watching." She said, hoping the enticement of whales would get him to join like it hooked her. Jasper smiled softly at her before clearing his throat and turning towards her.

"I would, but I'm not much of a beach person. I like the forests instead, much more calming and less... people." He said. She looked away, defeated. 

"We could hang out in the forest behind the beach if you'd like. I heard there's a cliff that's full of trees, and we could watch the whales from and-" she stopped once she realized she was rambling. It felt so easy to talk to him. She bit her lip and looked away, her face becoming beat red. 

"My family might be going hiking soon. I'd go, but it's a family thing." He said slowly.

"Oh, that's totally fine.... could we... I don't know... hang out some other time?" She asked. He looked like he was mulling it over before taking out a piece of paper, writing something down onto it, and handing it to her. She smiled once she realized what it was. I just got Jasper Hale's number.

~~~

    "I keep thinking Eric is going to ask me to prom, then he just... don't," Angela told the two girls sadly. Bella straightened up and turned towards the shy photographer.