TWO

Aria's POV

-----------------

Warm.

That's how I felt while basking by the pool, enjoying the fleeting summer sun. Warm and happy that I had to do absolutely nothing today. I was warm, peaceful, and half asleep until my insolent, jackass of a brother appeared out of nowhere.

"Cannonball!" Was all I heard before I was immediately drenched with water, causing me to shoot straight up and scan the pool until I saw a head bobbing just above the water, eyes narrowed with a challenge.

"Adriano Eufrassio Russo, I am going to fucking drown you!" I yelled at him through gritted teeth.

I dive into the water, going under. He expected me to jump on him but, what he didn't expect, was for me to yank his legs out from under him, forcing him to gasp for air as he went under the surface. I held onto his ankles as he kicked, splashed, and attempted to push his way above the water.

"Aria, let go of your brother!" My mom yelled from the balcony. I quickly let go of him, putting my hands up in surrender.

"He attacked me first!"

"No I didn't, mom, she just got mad that I accidentally splashed her!" Adriano yelled, giving my mother those puppy dog eyes that even I struggle to resist.

"Oh you little-"

"Enough!" I was ready to lunge at Adriano again when my father walked onto balcony, stopping next to my mother. "Dinner is almost ready and we're having guest, go shower and get ready."

We both silently walked to the steps, getting out of the pool and making our way to the steps up the balcony. My mother glared at me for hurting her precious baby, causing Adriano to let out a little laugh.

"Count your fucking days, little brother..." I silently whispered, looking back at him. All of the color drained from his face, immediately quieting him.

I went to my room and showered, blasting my music and taking my time. I put on light makeup, preventing myself from looking dead, before throwing on a pair of Luca's sweatpants I stole and a baby blue crop top.

When I finally decided to go downstairs, dinner wasn't ready but our guests were already here. Luca and Adriano were playing video games in the floor while they attempted to explain it to my great grandfather, Eufrasio.

"Aria." He smiled happily, slowly standing up.

"Bisnonno." I hugged him before going to take a seat next to him. On my way to the other side of the couch, I made sure to accidentally hit, both, Luca and Adriano upside the head. Causing them both to mumble and grumble out curses.

"Where is everyone else?"

"Your mother and Sarah are in the kitchen and your father and Ben are in the office." My grandfather answers, focusing on the tv screen, where the boys were playing a basketball game of some sorts. "Tell me, Aria, do you play the video game as well?"

"Nope, I find better things to do with my life."

"Smart girl." He smiles, tilting his glass of bourbon towards me.

"Liar, you played Grand Theft Auto." Luca speaks up.

"Because you forced me to play it, yet you hogged the controller the entire time!"

"It's not my fault you kept getting arrested!"

"I want to try this game..." Eufrasio smiles.

I leave the boys and make my way to the kitchen, where Sarah and my mom are drinking glasses of wine at the island. They were both laughing hysterically over something when I walked in. I've always loved their friendship. They've known each other for more than twenty years and haven't grown apart in the slightest.