Chapter 3: Go time

"Grime!" Sasha jumped down beside Joe Sparrow and ran to give her 'friend' the news.
Sheesh, could they even consider each other friends? She just assumed it after all adventures they've been through together, the connection they had; she felt Grime as some sort of an overprotective older brother.

"Sasha! Trust you have a plan already-"
"Plan's cancelled!" Sasha replied, dawning a serious tone, walking past him.
"Excuse me; What?!" Grime followed her confused.

Sasha entered her temporary house followed by the old toad, who closed the door behind them.

"Sasha what is this all about?" Grime folded his arms with a grunt.
"I heard the king talking." Sasha turned around to face the toad.
"Marcy- Marcy's alive!" Sasha said, with a tear forming on the corner of her eye.
"Sasha, as much as I wish so, it's physically impossible, no frog would survive that! I highly doubt a skinny human would." There was concern in his voice, Sasha suspected he thought she heard wrong, or that she heard what she wanted to hear. She knew she didn't hear wrong. Marcy is alive, she must be, right?

"Grime you don't understand, the king said he needed her for something, something important. We Must stop him!" Sasha emphasised her words with her hands.
"Sasha how are we gonna stop him and take back your creature friend at the same time? And don't forget we have to find a way to get the Plantars back in Amphibia!"
"We can't, not right now, we got to prepare Wartwood for what's coming, but I have a plan."

Sasha was someone who acts before thinking, Grime knew it. He knew Sasha was sometimes impulsive, especially if it was about her friends. Sure, she betrayed them, but Grime knew she cared a lot about them even after everything they went through.

"I know there's no way to stop you, I'll listen" Grime huffed and sat on the couch.
"First, we gotta get Marcy back, if she's alive she might know something we don't. She might know the king's weaknesses, or the castle's. We'll sneak in, through the window in the highest room, where the king is. We'll distract him, and then when he's gone go downstairs and look for Marcy." Sasha could have worn a grove into the floor with how much she was pacing.
"I adore this determination of yours, but how are we gonna sneak in through the highest window?" Sasha stopped mid step and flashed Grime a menacing smile.

"Joe sparrow."
"You better be good at riding him." Grime pointed at the blonde.
"I am, now let's get Marcy back!" With that the two rushed out the door and whistled for the bird.

"I'm gonna fall, I'm gonna fall, I'm gonna die- You lied! You suck at riding this pigeon!" Grime lamented tightening his grip on Sasha's waist.
"Grimezy, we're almost there, stop worrying! And Joe Sparrow's not a pigeon"
"I don't care what this feathered thing is! Put me down!"
"Almost...."

They crashed and broke the window, so much for a silent mission.
Luckily, no one got hurt, not even Joe Sparrow. Sasha had some bruises and cuts, but they were not deep, plus Grime fell on her.
"Get off me you're so heavy!!!" Sasha yelled not really caring about the guards marching in their direction. She pushed Grime off and stood up, energic and ready to fight. Grime took his time, sure he fell on Sasha and not on the floor, but his back was hurting anyway. Sasha grabbed her swords and checked her knife was still on the pocket. The blood inside her body became colder at the thought of fighting. Her heartbeat became faster and everything around her seemed to slow down.
The newt guards silently slithered up to them, holding sharp spears and shields.
Sasha examined the moment and the guards surrounding them. Then she jumped towards the ginger-colored newts with all her strength. Grime attacked from another angle, yelling.
Sasha could beat a bunch of newts but more kept coming, until they became overwhelmed and disarmed. They chained her and Grime and took both with them, walking through a long corridor.
"I'm never trusting you again on riding that thing." Grime huffed next to Sasha.
"It's your fault, you're heavy!" The human girl replied.
"And what am I supposed to do about it? I'm a toad!"
The newt guards pushed the doors of the castle open, to a large room, filled with twilight lights and colors. Shades of purple reflecting on the broken glasses, made it look like an angelic place. But it's not. Sasha had many horrible memories in that room.
A huge figure, hidden by the shadow of himself, was sitting on the coral throne.
"Andrias...." Sasha whispered mad underneath her breath.
"Oh! welcome small ones! I see what I did to your friend wasn't enough of a warning, was it?" His voiced boomed off the walls and he wore his signature smirk across his face.
"YOU BASTARD! HOW DARE YOU TALK ABOUT HER! SHE TRUSTED YOU! MONSTER!"
Sasha screeched, her words threatening to tear down the walls at the sheer volume, tears began to roll down her cheeks. Yes, Sasha was crying. She probably cried five times her whole life, the first ones of laughing after seeing a child tripping on his foot, and the other was toad tower 1.0, and what happened there between her and Anne.
Sasha felt like she could tear that smirk off the king's face with her sword. She wanted to hurt him just as he hurt Marcy. She would have jumped on his face if it weren't for the newt guards keeping her from moving. She was shaking and gritting her teeth to the point of them threatening to crack.
"Oh well, you tried." The King waved his hand dismissingly. "Marcy's so easy to manipulate, She's so innocent and kind." The king propped his elbows on his thighs and leaned forward slightly. "I bet you know that very well. She came to me with her tragic little story, and accepted help from a total stranger. She was so desperate, poor thing." Andrias faked his sympathy, his smirk never withdrawing.
"YOU- YOU- HOW DARE YOU SAY HER NAME?! HOW DARE YOU TALK ABOUT HER, AFTER EVERYTHING YOU'VE DONE! YOU'RE A BEAST, A MONSTER!!!" Sasha attempted to lunge at the colossal newt, only to be yanked back by his guards.
"Oh well, guards, escort our... guests, to their cells."
"No! I'm not done talking to you giant-newt freak! I know Marcy is alive!"
"Ohhh." Andria's smirk only widened. "I knew you'd find out eventually." He brought his hands together. "She's part of a big project, she'll be famous after it's completed. Isn't it exciting? She'll be... very useful...." A small chuckle echoed through the halls and the King leaned back into his throne.
"What do you mean?! Where is she- AAAAH LET ME GO!"
The guards turned around and pushed her and Grime towards the door. Sasha was furious, the guards were barely able to hold the girl down, seven of them struggling.
They walked downstairs to the cells, Sasha was still sobbing, but her eyes were covered by her hair. Grime was worried. He knew they'd break free somehow, or the toads would come and get them, but right now all he could do was watch his friend in pain.

Through the silence Sasha yelled, her raw emotion escaping her throat. She freed herself from the guards and fought them with the strength of a god. She grabbed Grime's wrist and broke his chains, the small clinking noised echoed as the pieces hit the floor. He could feel her skin was burning, and her face red. She was totally out of her mind. She kicked and punched all newts around her, she retrieved her swords from the newt guard that was holding them and knocked him out with a punch. Grime followed her actions and fought the newts too. When all the guards were out Sasha and Grime looked at each other panting, trying to catch air.
Then Sasha grabbed the toad's wrist again and dragged him around looking for a way to get out.

They hid from newts on the way and ran to another corridor, this one was dark, Sasha almost couldn't see anything. She continued to run; Grime close behind her.
She ran and ran until....
"OUCH!" She bumped into somebody. She unsheathed her sword, and in the dark tried hard to see who was in front of her, ready to attack.
No.
She did not attack in the end.
She just stood there staring at them.

...impossible...

A/N
So-
Wait sone exciting things in next chapter 😳
This one was written by me, the 2nd was written by Lil_Gay_Loser on AO3!
If u have any questions drop them in the comments!