Chapter 9: Y̶͛͠o̶̓̂u̷͆̆r̷͊̈́ ̶̑̂F̴̍͂à̶̑u̸͉̎l̴͑͘ť̸̈́

A/N
This is a very long chapter and it was exhausting to write but I'm happy with the results so, sit down and enjoy it ^^

Marcy felt like dying, physically this time. She had a terrible headache, which began to pulse wildly on her temples. She felt like she was falling, falling deep into endless darkness.
Then she woke up screaming.
"Aaaaagghhh! My head!" She cried out in pain.
"Oh crap! Marmar are you okay?!"
Marcy felt a pair of hands on her shoulders, and then she remembered that calming, kind, worried voice.
Familiar yet so far, a voice that touches her heart every time she hears it, and the butterflies lurch in her stomach wildly
Marcy opened her eyes, to see a concerned blurry figure next to her, with their hand gripping on Marcy's shoulders, as if she would never let go. Marcy rubbed her eyes with her hands and blinked as they focused again.
"A-Anne?!" Sobbed Marcy throwing herself against her friend.
Marcy held her friend tight and after some seconds the startled Anne returned the hug.
"I can't believe you're..." Marcy pulled away and looked around trying to understand where she was.
"Here?"
It clicked, Marcy recognized the room, the cyan colored walls, those posters of bands Anne liked, her Bass lying on an angle in the corner of the room with "bad girl" written on the body. A shelf held a few books, mostly teenage gossip magazines, a messy desk and the Pikachu plushie Marcy got her for her eleventh birthday, laying on the ground. This was Anne's room on...earth.
"W-what happened why are we here? What about Sasha?" Marcy turned to Anne confusion clouded her mind, nothing seemed to make sense, how was she here?
"Uhhhh... Sasha left before dinner, and you stayed over for the night. Marbles are you okay? Don't you remember?" Anne seemed concerned and confused as well.
"I- the- the music box- w- what happened... why am I here? Why did Sasha leave? Where is sprig and the Plantars?"
"Who and The Who?" Anne cocked her head and raised an eyebrow.
Stunned by Anne's response Marcy ran her fingers through her raven coloured hair. How could she not remember the Plantars? She risked her life for them countless times, they were her found family, and they lived together for months!
"Marcemellow you, okay? Did you hit your head? Do you have brain damage? Please don't have brain damage your mother would kill me." Marcy put a finger on Anne's rambling lips.
"I don't have brain damage I just...don't, remember?" Pieces of the puzzle were missing, she didn't have brain damage, right?
"Do you need me to recap last night?" Anne let out a huff.
"Yes please do Anne!"
Anne calmly crossed her legs and made herself comfortable, Marcy sat across from her, her head was frazzled and her hands shaking as the anxiety wrenched itself in her gut.
"Well; me, you and Sasha went to that store you mentioned and I stole a weird box with frogs carvings on it. Then we tried opening it at the park and it was empty, after that Sasha had to leave and you asked me if you could stay over, and we had dinner and-"
"WHAT?!"
"Marmar did you have a nightmare again? Is that why you never sleep? Too many nightmares? I think I might have some sort of cure... Like a calming plant... well, not right now but I can ask my mom tomorrow! It's the middle of the night she hates people waking her up. Can you remember anything else? Do you remember who I am?" Anne hung on the end of her sentence.
"It was all... a nightmare? A dream? Of course, I know who you are! It just feels like we haven't seen each other in a long time.... Ugh what's happening here?!" Marcy shook her head agitatedly.
Marcy fell backwards on the bed and stared at the aqua ceiling, then she felt someone falling next to her.
"Uh hey, hm You also kind of fell asleep on me... maybe I wasn't comfortable?" Anne chuckled embarrassed and turned her head to face Marcy, who did same thing.
"I- sorry Anne! I didn't- sorry I fell asleep on you!" Marcy's face flushed red in embarrassment.
"Marcy no I was comfortable I swear! I'm worried maybe that's why you had a nightmare?"
"I... don't know... it felt all so real, Anne."
"Well, you know I am real, I am here, and I will always be."
Anne's response struck Marcy, it felt like a void had opened in her heart. No, Anne was not gonna be there for her, she must move away with her parents, and they're gonna fall apart. Anne is going to forget about her probably, Marcy will never know if she ever reciprocated her feelings. And Marcy will be alone again, without any hope of finding another friend with her loss of social skills, the thought made her shudder.
"W-what if we fall apart?" Asked Marcy still looking in Anne's direction laid on her back.
"Well, if we ever fall apart, I'll always be there anyway" replied Anne calmly.
Marcy sat and looked down to her friend confused.
"How's that?" Asked Marcy sceptical, an eyebrow raised.
Anne sat still too and stared in her friend's eyes with a soft smile.
"I will always be in your heart, always, and we will never forget about each other. We'll be together, no matter what. I promise."  Anne reached out, and placed her hand on Marcy's heart. Her hand skimmed her friend, before a loud agonizing screech of pain erupted from Marcy's throat . Marcy's chest felt like it was burning, her organs felt like they were slowly becoming ashes. The pain was unbearable but it lasted less than three seconds before her friend's hand pulled away.
"Agh! Anne that hurt-" Marcy looked over at Anne, her figure fading away like dust in the wind. Marcy extended a hand to catch her, but the only thing she touched was the empty space where Anne once sat.
"Anne!" She yelled again. Her mouth began to feel dry, her arms and legs heavy. The pain in her chest was returning, it felt as if she was being burnt alive from the inside out. She looked down to see a giant flaming sword piercing her chest. Her eyes started to tear up her lungs felt like they were faltering as she gasped for air. She saw the bed she was sitting on, and the whole room shattering in pieces, and before she knew it, she was falling into darkness again.