Chapter 10: Filler

Narrator POV

C sits on the couch watching TV when suddenly Ito collapses beside him and hangs his head back against the couch looking up at the ceiling.

C: Trouble in paradise?

Ito: Dad what would you do if the girl you like had a crush on someone else?

C: Hmmm. Good question. I don't know. I've gotten pretty lucky with my love life all things considered. I guess I personally would just accept it and move on, but then again I'm a harem protagonist now or something, so I don't think my advice is that great.

Ito: But what if Mom didn't love you and you loved her?

C: Ohhh. Shit.... I think that I'd be extremely sad, but I would wish her the best. I don't think I could deal with just being friends, so I would probably just leave the universe and try to move on. It's selfish, but I'm being honest.

Ito: What if you knew the person she loved was just going to hurt her in the long run?

C: I don't know, man. If she said she wanted me to come to help her I'd show up, but unless she's willing to admit that the person is no good, I wouldn't interfere just in case I was wrong.

Ito: So I should just wait to see if she'll realize that the person she's trying to be with isn't good for her?

C: I guess man. That's just me though. You do what you think you should and I'm sure Stocking will fall for you.

Ito: Huh?! I didn't say anything about Stocking.

C: Well I sure as hell hope you aren't trying to date Panty, so I'm assuming you're trying to get Miss Goth to notice you.

Ito: Fine you caught me, but it's like she doesn't even notice what I do for her.

C: Then stop.

Ito: Huh?

C: Let her notice how much better off she is with you by not being there for her now.

Ito: And that'll work?

C: If the guy she's crushing on is as bad as you say then it'll work beautifully.

Ito: It's we worth a shot. Thanks Dad.

C: No problem, Kid.

He leaves and C continues to watch TV as House collapses into the recliner beside the couch.

C: Oh hey how's the casino thing working out for you?

House: With any luck I'll be getting the insurance money any minute now.

His phone rings and he checks the caller ID.

House: I gotta take this.

He gets up and leaves the room. C shrugs and keeps flipping through channels.

C: Wait what did he say?

C continues to lounge on the couch for hours until the elevator dings and Neo steps out before flopping down on top of him.

C: Where have you been?

Neo: I had some me time.

C: Hmm. Cool.

Eventually the elevator dings again and House comes in stomping his feet. Chuck walks up to him and lifts his leg up. House kicks the zipper pet so hard he flies through the glass window and out into the street. He then starts walking back to his room while grumbling.

House: Cheap ass insurance bullshit didn't fuckin pay me half of what they said!

C: Well he's pissed.