~Chapter 1: Charles' Big Head~

Emilia's POV

I took a sip of my water, as me and Raven watched Charles tried to flirt with a girl. Most likely, he was talking about science.

"She's gotta be so bored." I said. Raven got tired of it and grabbed her stuff. I knew Raven liked Charles, but he only thinks of her as a sister. And that really sucks. She got up and walked over to them. "And now it's awkward."

(Time Skip)

"Don't talk to me." Charles said to Raven as we walked out of the bar. "You did that on purpose."

"I did not." Raven lied.

"Yes, you did." Charles said.

"Why would I do it on purpose?" Raven asked. Because you like him. "You know I can't control it sometimes, if I'm stressed or I'm tired." Hmm-mm. Sure.

"You seem to be doing a perfectly good job right now." Charles said.

"Mutant and Proud." She said, in a fake happy tone.

"What?" Charles asked.

"Or is that only with pretty mutations or invisible ones, like yours." Raven said. "But if you're a freak, better hide." Charles scoffed.

"You're being ridiculous." He said. "Look, look, I don't mean to sound like an old fart." He stopped, causing us to stop.

"Which you are." She said. I nodded.

"Sometimes." He said. "But we've talked about this, Raven. A small slip up is one thing. A big one does not bear thinking about."

(Time Skip)

I was sitting on the bed, reading a book, when I got distracted by how big Charles' head actually was. It's huge. It's very big. It's as big as the planet Jupiter.

"You might think my head is big, Emilia, but your personality is worse than my big head." Charles said. I took off my sock and threw it at the side of his head. He turned and looked at me. "Seriously?" I just laughed. "You're like a child."

"And you're like an old man." I said.

"On the contrary, sis, you're getting old too." He said.

"I'm 19." I said. "That's not old. You're old." Raven walked out.

"Would you date me?" She asked.

"Of course, I would." He said, not even looking at her. "Any young man would be lucky to have you. You are stunning."

"Like this?" She asked.

"Like...what?" He asked, and looked at her. "Blue? You're my oldest friend."

"I'm your only friend." Raven said.

"Thank you for that." He said.

"I thought I was your friend too?" I asked, pretending to be offended. "I'm not?" They just chuckled. "My whole life was a lie."

"Millie, stop fooling around." Charles said.

"Never." I said, in a British accent. We looked back at Raven.

"Well?" Raven said.

"I'm incapable of thinking of you that way." Charles said. "You're...I feel responsible for you." He got up and walked over to the couch. "Anything else would just feel wrong." He sat down.

"But what if you didn't know me?" She asked.

"Unfortunately, I do know you." He said. "God, I don't know what's gotten into you lately. You're awfully concerned with your looks." Charles cleared his throat as Raven walked over and laid down on him.