~Chapter 7: Holding On & Turning Around~

Emilia's POV

"Oh." Hank said. "Hold on, guys. It's gonna get bumpy." Suddenly, we were inside the tornado. Alarms started going off. Suddenly, we fell into the ground and started rolling. We all screamed. Finally, it stopped, and we were upside down. I sighed in relief. Charles and Erik walked over.

"Moira?" Charles asked. "Moira, are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm okay." She said. He helped her out of her seat. Hank got out of his seat and got up. He walked over to me.

"You alright?" He asked.

"A little dizzy, but fine." I said. He unbuckled my seat belt and helped me get down out of my seat.

"Millie, you okay?" Charles asked.

"I'm good." I said.

"I read the teleporter's mind." Charles said. "Shaw's drawing all the power out of his sub. He's turning himself into some kind of nuclear bomb."

"We got no time." Moira said. "The Geiger count's going out of control." We walked over to the window and looked out. I saw Angel, the red guy and the tornado guy standing there.

"Alright, Moira, this is what we're gonna do." Charles said. "Get on the radio and tell them to clear both fleets out immediately."

"I'm going in." Erik said.

"Beast, Havok, back him up." Charles said. "Erik, I can guide you through once you're in, but I need you to shut down whatever it is that's blocking me, and then we just hope to God it's not too late for me to stop him."

"Got it." Erik said.

"Good luck!" Charles said.

"I'll be right back." Hank told me. He started to walk away.

"Hank!" I said, causing him to stop and look back at me. "Be careful." He smiled and ran out. I looked out the window.

"Raven, stop!" Charles said.

"I'm going to help them." Raven said.

"We don't have time for this." Charles said. "Anything comes in that entrance, you're taking care of it, yes?"

"Fine." She said.

(Time Skip)

"We believe Shaw is trying to detonate some kind of bomb." Moira said on the radio.

"Erik, make for the middle of the vessel." Charles said. "That's the point my mind can't penetrate. We have to assume that that's where Shaw is...That's the nuclear reactor. Disable it...Erik, you're there. You've reached the void...What?" Charles got up and walked to the end of the plane. "He's got to be there. He has to be! There's nowhere else he can be. Keep looking...Erik? Erik! He's gone."

"What?" Moira asked.

"He's gone into the void." Charles said. "I can't communicate with him there." He walked back to the front. I saw Alex and Banshee fall onto the sand. I saw Angel flying towards them. I can't leave them there. I got up and walked out of the back of the plane, without Raven noticing. I saw Alex shoot his laser hoops at her, and it got her wing. She fell to the ground. Suddenly, I see Hank and the red guy appear. The red guy was on top of Hank. Hank growled as the red guy pointed his tail at Hank's eye. I pointed my hand out at them. He was about to strike, when I made an illusion in his mind that I looked like Shaw.

"Azazel, don't!" I shouted, causing him to look over at me. He stood up and stared at me. Hank got up and stood behind him. I made the illusion go away. "You didn't see that coming." Hank grabbed him and threw him. But his disappeared and reappeared behind Hank. Hank knew and hit him, knocking him out. Hank looked at me. "You okay?" He nodded. We walked over to Raven, Banshee and Alex.

"We did it." Banshee said.

"Yeah!" Alex said. Suddenly, the top of the submarine opened, and Shaw floated out of it. Erik was controlling him. I noticed that Angel, Azazel, and the tornado guy were standing together.

"Today, our fighting stops!" Erik shouted. He dropped Shaw on the ground. Erik floated down to the ground. "Take off you blinders, brothers and sisters. The real enemy is out there." He pointed out at the marine ships. "I feel their guns moving in the water, their metal targeting us. Americans, Soviets, humans." Erik started to walk towards the ocean, Charles following. "United in their fear of the unknown. The Neanderthal is running scared, my fellow mutants. Go ahead, Charles." Charles put two fingers on his temple. "Tell me I'm wrong." Charles put his hand down and looked over at Moira. He nodded and she ran to the plane. Suddenly, they all shot missiles into the sky. They all were flying towards us. Hank pushed me behind him. Then, Erik put his hand out and stopped the missiles in midair. He turned them around.

"Erik, you said yourself, we're the better men." Charles said. "This is the time to prove it. There are thousands of men on those ships. Good, honest, innocent men! They're just following orders."

"I've been at the mercy of men just following orders." Erik said and looked over at Charles. "Never again." Erik sent them towards the ships.

"Erik, release them!" Charles demanded. Erik didn't listen. Charles ran towards Erik. "NO!" He tackled Erik, causing him to let go of the missiles. The two boys started fighting on the ground. We started walking towards them.

"Stand back!" Erik said, and sent Alex, Banshee, and Hank flying back.

"Hank!" I shouted.

"I'm okay!" He said. I looked to see Erik now standing and controlling the missiles again. I ran towards him.

"Em, no!" Raven shouted. I grabbed him and put an illusion in his mind that he was back at the mansion.

"Where am I?" He asked. He looked back and saw me. "Let me go!" He pushed me off him, causing me to fall on the ground. Suddenly, Moira started shooting at him. Raven came over and pulled me up off the ground, a few feet back so I wouldn't get shot. Erik deflected the bullets, until one went into Charles' back. Charles fell to the ground. Erik ran over and kneeled down next to him.

"NO!"