~Chapter 8: Breaking Up The Trio~

Emilia's POV

"NO!" I shouted, crying. I tried to go to over to them, but Raven held me back. Alex, Banshee, and Hank walked over.

"I'm so sorry." Erik said. Charles groaned in pain. The guys tried to get closer. "I said back off!" The guys stopped. Erik looked at Moira. "You. You did this." He pointed his hand at her. He started choking her with her dog tags.

"Please." Charles said. "She's didn't do this, Erik. You did." Erik looked down at him and stopped. Moira fell to the ground, gasping for air.

"Us turning on each other, it's what they want." Erik said. "I tried to warn you, Charles. I want you by my side. We're brothers, you and I. All of us together, protecting each other. We want the same thing." Charles chuckled.

"My friend..." Charles said. "...I'm sorry, but we do not." Erik looked up and motioned for Moira to take him. Moira ran over and held him in her arms. Erik got up, leaving him with her.

"Charles, I'm sorry." She said. "I'm so sorry, Charles."

"It's alright." Charles said. "It's alright." Erik turned to us and pointed at Moira.

"This society won't accept us." Erik said. "We form our own. The humans have played their hand...now we get ready to play ours. Who's with me?" He looked at Raven and held out his hand. "No more hiding." Raven kissed the side of my head.

"I'm sorry

"I'm sorry." She said and let me go. She looked at Hank, who was on the other side of me. "Take care of her." He nodded. She walked over to Charles. She kneeled down next to him.

"You...You should go with him." Charles said. "It's what you want."

"You promised me you would never read my mind." Raven said.

"I know." He said. "I promised you a great many things, I'm afraid. I'm sorry." He kissed her hand, and she kissed his forehead. She looked at Moira.

"Take care of him." She said. She stood up and grabbed Erik's hand. Azazel, the tornado guy, and Angel walked over and joined them. Raven looked at me and Hank. "And, Beast, Illusionist, never forget: Mutant & Proud." They disappeared. We all ran over to Charles.

"We're gonna get you to a hospital." Moira said. Hank and Moira started to move him but stopped when Charles inhaled sharply.

"Wait

"Wait. Don't...Charles." Hank said. "Charles, don't move, okay?"

"I won't." Charles said. "Actually, I...I...I can't feel my legs."

"What?" Moira asked.

"I can't feel my legs." Charles said. "I can't feel my legs." Eventually a helicopter came. We had to move him very carefully into the plane.

And that's how we became the X-Men. But the story isn't over yet. 

END OF BOOK 1