~Chapter 3: Code Names~

Emilia's POV

We walked up the stairs of a machine. Hank was already in here.

"I, uh, I call it Cerebro." Hank said.

"You..." Charles said and chuckled.

"As in the Spanish for Brain." Hank said.

"Yes." Charles said.

"Okay, so, the electrodes connect Charles to the transmitter on the roof." Hank explained. "When he picks up a mutant, his brain sends a signal through a relay, and then the coordinates of their location are printed out here."

"You designed this whole thing?" I asked, amazed.

"Yeah." Hank said. Charles put the helmet on.

"What an adorable lab rat you make, Charles." Erik said.

"Don't spoil this for me, Erik." Charles said.

"Oh, I've been a lab rat." Erik said. "I know one when I see one." Hank walked over and fixed the wires on the helmet.

"Okay." Hank said. "Great. Are you sure we can't shave your head?"

"Don't touch my hair." Charles said.

"Okay." Hank said.

"Charles with a shaved head would be hilarious." Raven whispered to me. I chuckled.

"As a prank, we could do it in his sleep." I suggested.

"Don't even think about it, girls." Charles told us. Hank walked away and pressed a bunch of buttons. The room got darker and Charles gasped. "Ah!" He chuckled.

"It's working." Hank said. Charles chuckled. And then we got a lot of them. Mutants.

(Time Skip)

When we got the latest one, Charles and Erik were out, so Raven decided to have a get together with the new mutants. I was sitting between Hank and Raven.

"We should think of code names." Raven said. "We're government agents now. We should have secret code names. I want to be called Mystique."

"Damn!" Cassidy said. "I wanted to be called Mystique." Raven chuckled.

"Well, tough. I called it." She said and changed into Cassidy. Everyone but me was shocked.

"Whoa!" Darwin said.

"Whoa!" Alex said.

"And I'm way more mysterious than you." Raven said in Cassidy's voice.

"That was crazy." Angel said.

"Wh-Whoa." Alex said, chuckling, and they all clapped. Raven changed back.

"Darwin, what about you?" Raven asked.

"Well, uh, Darwin's already a nickname and, you know, sort of fits." He said. "Adapt to survive and all. Check this out." He stood up and walked over to the fish tank. He stuck his face in and grew gills. He opened his mouth and looked at us.

"Whoo!" Cassidy said.

"Wow!" Raven said. We all cheered and clapped. He took his face out and shook the water off his face.

"Thank you." Darwin said.

"That's incredible." Hank said.

"Thank you." Darwin said and pointed at Cassidy. "What about you?"

"I'm going to be...Banshee." He said.

"Why do you wanna be named after a wailing spirt?" Hank asked.