Camp Cretaceous

Olivia's 3rd point of view
[edited]

"Look sweetie I'm just worried something bad will happen." Grant says grabbing her shoulder gently.

"I know you are worried but this is something I've been dreaming about doing." she says looking up at him "You have to trust me and we made it this far."

"I know I know ok now you better hurry and get on that boat before they leave without."He says "Oh and if anything chases you, run."

"Okay okay I will and thank you this means a lot. Okay I gotta go now I love you" She says pulling Grant into a hug.

"I love you too kiddo be smart and be safe" He says letting go of the hug "And here a gift". He hands her a brand new journal.

"Thank you so much now I gotta go." She says sliding it into her bag and grabbing her suitcase.

As she is on the boat looking back at her grandfather she sees him waving at her with a happy but sad look on his face. She waves back with a huge grin on her face. She knows he is upset to see her go to the island but happy she gets to do the thing she wants to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Welcome to Isla Nublar, campers" The man in front of her and five other kids who look between the ages of 12-15.
"You are the chosen few, the first kids in the entire world to ever experience the awesomeness that is camp cretaceous. I know the the trip from mainland was rough on some." He says before looking at a boy leaning over the edge of the dock
"Hello ben."

The boy does a quick thumbs up before hunching back over the edge.

"But you made it! I'm Dave, head counselor. You heard the correctly-head honcho, big shot." Right after he says that a jeep pulls up.

"Ah so sorry I'm late welcome, campers. I'm Roxie head counselor of camp cretaceous" As soon as she is done talking all eyes turn to Dave.

"Well, it's sort of a co-head counselor sort of situation."

"Is it" Roxie says with sassy in her voice.

"Anyways, some of you won contests to be here, some of you had vip invited but, for the next two weeks, all of you will be getting the 5 star treatment!" He says changing the subject.

"As our first campers, we lined up exclusive behind the scenes tours of Jurassic World."  There is a mix of unexcited and excited noises from the group." As well as kayaking, rock climbing, obstacle courses and of course-" Before she can finish

"Dinosaurs?" A boy in a yellow hoodie says super excitingly cutting Roxie off.

"Yes..Darius, plenty of dinosaurs.So ready for an adventure?" She asks

"Absolutely but I'm gonna need that speech a little shorter, and really try and lean into the majesty of this place." A girl with pink hair says.

Roxy gave a very displeased look in her face.
"Okay we're going now let's get the seven of you to camp." Dave says changing the subject.

Olivia looks around to see only five other kids before she can say something the boy who was puking raised is hand.

"Um there are six of us." He says

"wait" Dave runs his fingers over all of us counting " Dino-kid, track star, internet girl, barfy, texas, mini grant. He is right where is seven"

"Ugh" Roxie grains as she looks down at her clip bored. "Load up kids we gotta make a pit stop to get VIP." she sounds rather annoyed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They all stand a couple feet from a helicopter landing pad as a helicopter lands. Roxie looks at dave rather annoyed while pointing at the helicopter lazily with her hand. As a boy about the same age as Olivia maybe older.