one shot (kinza-Mustafa)

Her heart twisted in pain as she laid down on sujood, crying her heart out, begging for forgiveness. She couldn't find the words to make the dua but the painful tears said how ashamed she was of her actions.

Kinza Malik has always been the pampered kid. She was loved and cherished by her whole family because she was the youngest child of their family. And to think how badly she has let them down made her cry more.

Ya Allah! That's all she could say. No more words left her mouth. She didn't know if she was worthy of any forgiveness. But cried in the prayers every day.

It's been three months since her brother or mother last spoke with her nicely. Two months since she was married. Two months since she was left alone to fight her own battles because of the wrong choices she made. Two months since she last saw her namesake husband.

After finishing the prayer, she got up to fold the mat tiredly and placed it in its usual place, when she turned around a soft gasp left her mouth as she saw none other than her husband standing in front of her after two damn months.

Was he really here? Her eyes couldn't believe the sight in front of them. But of course, he was back. Now what? She wondered worriedly.

There was an awkward silence. Neither of them tried to initiate any conversation. Kinza walked past him with an inward sigh and went to sit on her side of the bed. She could feel his burning gaze upon her but didn't say much about it.

If he wasn't there, she'd have just sat alone and read something or maybe cried more. But his presence was intimidating her.

Despite being married for two months, they were practical strangers. Neither did she like him and was very glad that the feelings were mutual. He left the city just a week after their marriage, and that too without informing her.

His credit card and the stupid note that said, "don't forget to go to the doctor regularly." Doesn't really counts. But Kinza had no expectations whatsoever. She deserves this kind of treatment and so much more.

With a sigh, she pulled the blankets on top of her and decided to sleep for some time.

"Have you taken the medicines?" Mustafa spoke with her for the first time after two months and heard a small hum in response. He didn't know what else to say. He felt bad for her.

He ran a successful construction firm called Mir & Co and a new project needed his assistance, that's why he was away for two months.

And the first thing which he saw after coming home was the sight of her praying like that, his heart went out for her. She did make a mistake. A huge one at that but he kind of felt bad for her.

That's how a little soft spot was created in his heart for his wife, unknowing to him. As he loosened his tie and removed the watch, he took a moment to observe his room which was messed up. As though no one cleaned it for months.

Mustafa wondered how did Kinza even stay here. The cleanliness freak in him wanted to yell at her for doing this to his precious bedroom but he reminded himself that she was pregnant and he needed to be considerate of that.

Massaging the bridge of his nose, he walked into the dressing room and took a nice long shower first. When he came back Kinza was nowhere to be seen.

He wondered where could she go. As far as he knows his family wasn't nice enough to accept her. They wanted him to marry her for the very precious heir she was carrying. That's all. They weren't nice to him in the first place, let alone Kinza.