Chapter 36

"You okay?" Weaver asked, still keeping her eyes on the road. But out of the corner of her eye, she could see Whisper wipe her face.

"Y-eah," Whisper cleared her throat, looking out the window as she felt her eyes prickle with tears. She didn't think she was going to cry after seeing her dad. He was someone who abandoned her, left her to rot with BEYOND and didn't bother visiting her. But he was her dad and although happy memories of him were few and far between, she missed him.

"So," Weaver began, not sure what to say to her, "Do I turn here?"

"Yes, make a right here and then take the roundabout's second exit. Then you can exit to the highway." Whisper wiped her eyes one last time before looking straight ahead.

Did he ever miss me?

Yes.

Did he ever regret what he did?

Yes.

Taking a deep shaky breath she pressed a few buttons on the dashboard, turning on the radio to one of Weaver's favorite songs.

They were heading towards Los Paraiso where one of the ARC headquarters were. They need access to the ARC facility in Genovia City and Los Paraiso has the key. They only have to break into a heavily secured office building that has it's own private "security" that's basically an army defending some of the most important people of the ARC.

Elementary.

"How are the others doing?" Weaver asked after the song ended, she enjoyed the nostalgia of it for a moment, only to return back to reality.

"They are fine," Whisper looked a bit dazed as she spoke, like she wasn't quite all there but her mouth was moving perfectly fine, "Magma's team spent the night at an abandoned apartment complex and Devlin managed to access his bank account for some funds."

"Devlin?" Weaver questioned. It was the first "real" name she's heard in a while.

"Devlin Samuel Pearce, 23 years old, born December 10th of 20XX. His parents own a portion of the Jolly Foods Corporation and a good size of their income goes into his bank account."

"Holy shit," Weaver gaped, "He must be a millionaire or something."

"His net worth is about 2.1 million."

"Jeez, how'd he end up at the ARC?"

"His ability to manipulate the age of anything his thumbs touch frightened his parents when he accidentally turned his new puppy into a senior dog. They sought treatment and found the ARC, and turned him in thinking they can 'fix' him."

"Classic," Weaver sighed. Her story was quite similar, except it ended with her with BEYOND and not the ARC. "What about the other groups?"

"Raptor's group slept in their van and are now heading to New Town. The other two ended up at the same motel but are now heading towards Harpersville."

"How are they doing on food and money?"

"Raptor stole from a convenience store while Seth and Bailey managed to dumpster dive some new clothes from a mall dumpster."

"Ah," Weaver didn't even realize she made a sound. As an ex-small business owner in the clothing industry, she cringed at the idea of what those fast-fashion brands do with the large amount of clothes they produce.

Knocking at the separator startled Weaver but Whisper had already sat up to open it.

"Any stops soon?" Frost asked, looking rather bored but behind her was a blushing Spring who looked like he wanted to just yank Frost's hair. "Spring needs to piss."