You Avoid The Swamp

You and Tanjiro are seen walking around in the village you both were assigned to. A couple minutes ago, Nezuko hopped out and muffled her way into wanting you to carry her. So here you were, carrying Nezuko on your back. "Hey, Tanjiro. Look at that man."

"Hm?" Tanjiro looked at the staggering man who was walking all sorts of ways.

"Look. Kazumi is so pitifully haggard." A woman said loudly. You didn't need to reveal your dog ears to hear that one.

"Because he was with Satoko when she disappeared." The other lady said and you started piecing together the situation. "Night after night. It's so creepy."

"Yes, it's awful!" The lady replied as you grabbed Kasumi's shoulder. "When night comes... another young girl will disappear."

"Hey," You told him as he turned around to yours and Tanjiro's determined faces. "We need to talk with you."

The man, after you explained to him, led you both to the crime scene. "This is where Satoko disappeared. You may not believe me, but..."

"I believe you!" Tanjiro shouted as he bowed on the ground. "I absolutely believe you!! Truly!"

Tanjiro sniffed the ground and you crossed your arms. You could smell the faint odor of demons but it was different than ones you've faced before. "Hmm... demons usually come at night. I doubt we'd get anything until then."

And sure enough at night, "MMMMMGH!"

Your demon ears sprung up and you immediately leaped in the air. You manipulated your demon energy into your jumps, which allowed you to seemingly glide over long distances. You also manipulated it slow your decent.

You looked at Tanjiro who was still running on the ground

You looked at Tanjiro who was still running on the ground. "TANJIRO!!! LET'S GO!"

"RIGHT!" He said as the man got confused.

"Whoa! How is he-?! Wait! What happened?!" The man asked with confusion.

"THE SMELL IS GETTING STRONGER!!! IT'S A DEMON!!!" He shouted as you made it to the site way before Tanjiro.

"Okay, he's not too far gone. Both scents are still here!" You said as your took out the Tessaiga and transformed it. You aimed it at the ground. "Unfortunately for you demons, I maxed out my senses, so I know exactly where YOU ARE!!"

You plunged Tessaiga into the ground. "GYAAAAHHH!!"

A black puddle formed up underneath the spot you sliced and the girl popped up. You quickly grabbed her and landed pretty far from the hand trying to drag her back down. A demon popped up as a wound was in the shoulder. "Hey, that hole in your shoulder looks good on you! You should keep it!"

"Y/N!!" Tanjiro made it onto the scene.

"Demons with powerful abilities, blood arts. I wonder what mine is, if I have one." You smiled with your canine fangs. "Either way, you need to tell us about the girls you took!"