How it started

The date was 17/01/2020

I was chilling in my room judging people on the internet, a thing I enjoy doing. This time I used Yubo, I'd like to call this children tinder. It basically works the same.

Anyway, I was swiping right on people who shared the same name with me. One guy added me back, he looked okay so I send him a message. 

'Yo namesake,' I said. The conversation followed with talking about interests like music. The usual topics I always throw into a conversation. Music is very important to me, okay. He said he liked HipHop, I'm so not into that kind of music. I kind of wanted to stop the conversation there, but I kept going with the hope of getting compensation for the base taste in music. 

He seemed pretty insecure to me right away, because of the number of times he apologised to me. I tossed in a couple of phrases I regularly use for situations where people call themselves an idiot. 'Being an idiot is great, I'm proud to be one.' 

In the meantime, I was shopping in the second-hand store. I found a cool blazer, made some pictures and uploaded one of them to my Yubo profile. He commented on it saying I looked great and I thanked him. I didn't think much of the compliment but apparently, it was a really big deal for him.

The talk we had was quite fun so I decided to give him my number so we could talk more on WhatsApp. After like 4 minutes I actually got his and added him to my contacts.