I'll Never (Request)

Summery : Aaron and Y/n have been dating for two years now but he doesn't want her involved in Jacks life because he doesn't want her to replace Hayley

Warnings : Mild Angst

.....................

Jessica called me this morning... she had an early meeting and wanted me to take care of Jack while she was away. Aaron was at work and was too busy to watch him.

I always wondered why he never asked me in the first place. Never formally meeting Jack, it was like Aaron was sheltering him from me. That he didn't want him to get attached.

I knew he had his reasons and I respected that but he never took into account how it made me feel. That he didn't want me in his sons life.

We had been together for a few months now... long enough for me to be there for all parts of his life. An yet he didn't want that.

I got up from the couch and got dressed, driving over to Aarons. I was stuck in my mind, thinking if Jack would even like me. How would he feel around a complete stranger.

I pulled into the driveway, getting out I walked to the door. Knocking a few times and waited for Jessica to open the door. It creaked open, "Hi, I'm sorry to drop this on you. I couldn't get out of this."

"It's not a problem."

"I should be back before five", I smiled and waved her goodbye. After she left I walked back inside closing the door behind me. I was met with Jack standing directly at my feet.

"Who are you?", he had just woken up. I crouched down, "I'm a friend of your dad, your aunt wanted me to watch you for a bit."

He was quick to accept it, "Oh..ok," I walked away and into the kitchen hungry from not eating breakfast. Jack followed me and crawled onto the chair. He wasn't tall enough for the stool.

As I went through the fridge I felt his eyes staring at me, I looked up.

"What is it buddy?"

He held his stomach, "I'm hungry."

"Well what do you want." A smile grew on his face, "Pancakes." Unfortunately pancakes were out of my skill set. "If you throw on some shoes I'll get you pancakes."

"Ok", he said while his feet pattered to his room to get changed. I pulled out my keys and waited for Jack by the door.

He came back still wearing his pajamas but had shoes on. It was good enough for me.

I picked his up and carried him outside, ready to put him in the car. I saw a car pull into the driveway... Aarons car specifically.

He parked the car and practically jumped out, "What do you think you're doing." I wasn't sure if Jessica told him that she needed to leave let alone that I'd be with Jack.

"Jack and I were hungry... we were just leaving, Jessica called me this morning."

"She didn't tell me that, Jack go inside." Jack looked scared and I let him down. He walked up the stairs and into the house. "Probably because she knew you'd act like this."

He stepped closer to me, closing the distance, "Act like what."

"Aaron you never want me near him, he didn't even know who I was half and hour ago." He scoffed and put a hand on his forehead.

"Y/n you don't get it", I let out a dry laugh and raised my voice, "No I get it perfectly, you're still upset over her death. I get it I do but you need to move. on... we've been together long enough to not keep me from him anymore!."

I took a step back, "You're not his mother, I don't want you replacing her!" I stepped closer shoving a finger in his chest, "I know I'm not the love of your life Aaron, I never will be. I was just the second choice."

His face was cold and stern. He lowered his voice, "You need to leave." My face was getting red, the emotions coursing through me. I turned out and slammed my car door getting inside.

I drove away going back to my apartment.

Shutting my front door, I collapse on the couch and the tears started flowing. The dam broke within me and I let it all out. Did he really think I was trying to replace his mother.

That I would let Jack forget who his real mother was. Did Aaron want to break up, if I can't be apart of his sons that's a deal breaker.

I was coated in sadness. I was too emotionally drained to do anything, to eat, go outside, watch tv. try and patch thing up with Aaron.

I laid on the couch all day. Fading in and out of sleep, thinking about what to do next with the relationship.

______________

Few hours had passed and I was still in the same position, just sulking.

I heard a faint knock on my door, I didn't answer. Five seconds later they knocked again and it gradually got louder.

I dragged myself to the door and opened it. Aaron stood on the other side, His face dropped even more when he saw my appearance. My puffy face and the dried tears.

"What the hell do you want?", he held a hand forwards. Wanting to have the conversation inside rather than in the hallway. I sighed and stepped to the side and he walked it.

"I'm sorry", he said so quietly I could barley hear. "What?"

"I said I'm sorry", I leaned against the kitchen counter. I raised my eyebrows wanting him to continue. "I should've let you in that side of me.... but y/n you have to understand you mean. So much more to me than you think." I dipped my head down and crossed my arms.

He walked towards me, "I love you so much it hurts."

"Well you have a fucked up way of showing it", picking up my head. I looked at him. Seeing in his eyes evidence of him tearing up. "That was an asshole move on my part, you were just trying to help."

"Aaron I will love that kid to pieces but you need to give me a chance."

"I know", he slowly put a hand up, cupping my cheek. Leaning his head down he brushed his lips with mine. I put a hand on his shoulder and kissed back. Pulling away I put my forehead with his.

"Don't yell at me like that again." 

"I won't", he whispered and I pressed my head into his chest. His arms snaked around my waist and held me closer to his body.