In a single moment

Summary: You’re best friends with Aaron, that was it. You were both content with being just that but one moment turned everything around and now you’re both questioning where you stand

Warnings: Slight angst, fluff, anxiety

‐---------------------------

One moment can change a lot in your life... in a few seconds it did exactly that.

You don't know how it happened and it left many questions unanswered in your head. The only other person that could help you figure it out wasn't even in the vicinity.

You didn't know where he was actually.

It started with a conversation here and there. Dinner every one in a while, you both understood you had time to kill. You both didn't have anyone in your life to take care of.

That led to many nights with you two together, nothing but innocent. "Are you doing anything later?"

You pushed your chair out from the desk and stared into Aarons whiskey colored eyes. "That depends, you have another "adventure" lined up?"

His dimples made a small appearance, "Well I think you'll enjoy the "adventure" just like you did the last one... and the one before that."

While grinning you pulled out your phone, "Let me see--" you continued to make him wait. You couldn't help but notice how his smile had reached his eyes in your peripheral. "Hotchner you're just in time, I have a free spot with your name on it."

"Lucky me, I'll pick you up at seven?" You nodded and said your goodbyes before he walked back to his office.

That's how the majority of your exchanges went. Your sarcastic comments and he was always playful with you.

Anyone could've told you that you were falling into a hole for each other but at that moment, you just needed a friend. Aaron was more than happy to be that person.

So again how it changed so fast was beyond you.

Your body ached from the very active night you had. Flashes of him against you, inside you, were soaring through your mind. It had you running two hands over your face in... happiness?

"What the fuck did we do?" You said to the empty room. Your arms dropped onto the comforter with a puff. "Fuck me." How could you have allowed this to happen? You'll never see him the same again. Instead of the playful man you know you'll see the man that held you down and whispered sweet nothings into your ear while absolutely fucking you.

You still felt the way his touch felt against your skin, it was so warm, graceful. Aaron was a gentleman the whole time.

Your back was against the headboard when you saw the small sticky note on the side table.

Hope this notes not necessary and I get back before you wake up but good morning. I'll be back within an hour or so. Feel free to make yourself at home.

With a deep breath your feet hit the hard wood floor. You searched for clothes and combed through the products he had in this bathroom. When you striped you saw the small bruises that littered your breasts.

Aaron took his time kneading and kissing them. Occasionally your hand met the back of his head to get those last few seconds of euphoria. It was nothing compared to the ecstasy that was sex with Aaron.

You still weren't sure how you felt. You were certainly satisfied but for some reason the pieces never feel into place. You couldn't be attracted to him? He was ten years your senior and surely he didn't feel it either. He was kind to everyone, not the way he was with you but that's different.