Teach Me

Summery : Y/n wakes up early in the morning to noise downstairs and Aaron no where to be found

Warnings : None

............................

I rolled over and swung my arm to the left side of the bed. My arm went cold and that was the only reason I opened my eyes. Aaron wasn't there next to me, usually he'd be directly behind me, holding me.

Aaron, I said drowsily. I gave it a few seconds that I looked around the room, the digital clock on Aarons side of the bed caught my eye.... it was 3:30AM.

Why is he up... or gone?

I pulled the covers off of me and I just a rush of cold air that spread across my still. I put on one of Aarons hoodies that was on the chair in the hanger. Going down the stairs I heard noises coming from downstairs.

It didn't sound like a window breaking or anyone walking around but I grabbed a knife from the kitchen, you can never be too careful.

I didn't turn on any lights... I was walking around in the dark. The noise started getting louder and I went past the kitchen to towards the sound. Looking through the sliding glass door, there he was.

I set the knife on the counter.

Aaron was sitting on the patio, he was in the dark by the glass table. Opening the door he turned around looking at me.

"What're you doing up?", I was still groggy from just waking up. My eyes sensitive to the sudden appearance of like.

"You werent in bed, I was curious.... and cold." He hummed and turned back around to resume what he was doing. Going closer, my eyes adjusted to the moonlight, he was holding a guitar.

"Forgot you're always cold." He said softly. Every time I was shivering Aaron would wrap his body around me.

Those were the times I always slept the best.

"You can play?", I said as I got closer. Taking a seat next to him he played a little melody.

"A little bit, enough for me to own the guitar." We chuckled.

"Who taught you?", he plucked away at the six string. "Taught myself, which is probably why it sounds the way it does."

"I think it sounds nice. May I request a song?" I sat back in the chair, gazing as the light shimmered over him. It was just enough to see him and some of the surroundings.

"Depends... I have a very limited selection."

"Alone and Forsaken", he raised his eyebrows and looked surprised.

"You know Hank Williams?" I shrugged and smirked. "I might know a little bit."

"Alright", Aaron looked down at the guitar and adjusted his fingers to Am then switching over to E. I was taking back to my childhood.

To when the song was played in the car with my mother while we were driving. I always felt a connection to the song, it was one of the few that made me feel disconnected from reality.

In a blink the song was over, the sound of the vibrating strings dissipated.

"Any others?", I reached over to him and gripped the instrument. Aaron noticed I wanted it and let go, handing it over. "Do you know how to play?"

I didnt answer with words but by setting my fingers in a G chord and I started picking at the wires. Moving across the fret board, it was the only song I really knew how to play.

"All I can do is write about it... Lynyrd Skynyrd."

Aaron stared at me and started smiling, he dipped his head down and listened to the next song I started playing.

"Dust in the wind." I stopped and glanced back at him. "Yeah, its the only one I know with finger picking.... sing with me."

"Y/n Im not singing."

"I'll do it with you, please." Aaron sighed in defeat, he wasnt going to fight it. I resumed my position and started again.

Thats how the early morning went, Aaron singing softly when I gave him back the guitar. When he played the last song the silence took over and the sun was just barley rising.

The only thing really giving away the time was the small amount of sunlight that peaked past the distant buildings.

Both of us stood up and we walked inside, not going back upstairs but settling on the couch.

"I never asked, why were you out there in the first place?"

He put his arm around me and I rested my head on his chest. "I've just been a little stressed lately."

"Being the boss isn't as thrilling is it seems." He let out a dry huff.

"Yeah no, you guys have it so much easier, and Im not trying to say my job is tougher than yours cause its really not... its just more of everything especially for one person."

"I'm sorry", his fingers trailed down my spine and back up. "Its okay."

Aaron was currently under the microscope by Strauss.

Soon after we fell asleep, getting a small break from everything till the light from outside started illuminating the living room. I groaned and flipped over so my stomach was against Aarons.

I was fully awake and couldn't shut my brain back off. "Are you awake?"

There was silence until I hear Aaron suck in a breath, "No."

"Hey?", he hummed and he moved a hand to the back of my thigh moving my leg to cover his.

"What?"

"Can you teach me to play the guitar... My dad used to play, I felt like itd be way to feel closer to him."

"Sure sweetheart."