Prologue - The Year after Burbank

August 20th, 2021

The Warner siblings were walking to the hospital room where their caretaker was stationed. 16-year-old Fallon Oaks, a cartoon just like them, was laying in the hospital bed. He looked very happy to see them. He had fallen ill again, which was a recurring thing. Ever since "The Incident", many of the toons who were affected were being remade and were still being cured.

That was over a year ago. And many were still paying the price.

Including the humans. Many didn't have a fair chance of surviving.

"Heya Fal." Yakko said as the three entered the room. "Ya feeling okay?" Fallon nodded. "Fine as can ever be, Yak."

The two youngest, Wakko and Dot, were more than happy to see their caretaker looking a little better than the last time they saw him. Dot especially was the happiest, considering she and Fallon had what they would consider a close friendship.

"Fallon! You're okay!" Wakko happily commented. "I thought you were going to turn into meatloaf." Fallon only laughed at Wakko's comment. "Fallon!" Dot happily hopped up and down. The older toon only smiled at the young Warner.

"Since you're feeling better, can you pick me up?" She lifted her arms to be lifted up. Yakko was against this. "Now, baby sis, I don't think Fallon has-"

Fallon suddenly lifted Dot up with no issues and into his grasp. Dot looked to her older brother. "See? He's fine, he was able to do it." Yakko only remained silent.

"Well? What is it you wanted to show me, Dot?" Fallon asked the young toon. The last couple of times he was brought in, Dot always had something to show him whenever she was lifted up. She took out a drawing she made of her, her older siblings, and Fallon. All huddled together as a family.

Fallon loved it. "My word, Dot... you have the gift of a lifetime! How do you draw so magnificently? I could never match the same skills as you." This was sort of a lie. He did have good drawing skills, but he didn't want to hurt Dot's feelings. The Warner sister smiled at her caretaker's kind words. "I know I'm the best drawer! It just takes skill and effort."

"Well, the doctors are doing the best they can to make me feel better." The older toon turned his attention to the Warner children. "I'm still not 100%, but that won't stop me from helping you guys out." The Warners all smiled, Fallon still had that restless determination. "This time," Dot perked up, "you absolutely promise you're going to be okay? The last time you said that, you got sick." Fallon nodded. "I promise this time."

He sighed as he lay back. "You guys should get going. I'll be fine." Yakko got the message and moved Wakko and Dot out of the room. "We'll be back, Fal." The eldest Warner said as he left and closed the door.

The older toon soon fell asleep. But... he began having a dream. A dream about "The Incident".