Chapter 4 - This Isn't A Cartoon

9:12PM - June 3rd, 2020

8 hours, 9 minutes since the attack...

It's been a few hours since Fallon turned. The fear within the Warners still radiated from within them. What they saw wasn't Fallon. And only whoever knew what was going to happen next. Yakko was trying his best to maintain his calm nature and, of course, his oblivious nature to the situation. He was still trying his best to brush it off, still slightly within the mindset that all of this was just a cartoon.

"Hey, c'mon, sibs!" He would say when Dot and Wakko began showing signs of fear and worry. "We're the Warners. Nothing's ever stopped us, right? Not even this weird set idea can stop us." By now, Dot and Wakko were honestly.. They were starting to tire of Yakko's complete obliviousness to the area around them.

If destruction didn't get to his mind about what a set was, words will.

It was late into the night, and the kids had found shelter. The bags of supplies that Fallon had gotten were to hold them off for a week, meaning they'd have to make a run every few days to get some. However, none of the Warners knew how supplies were holding out within the Burbank area. They just had to hope that they were holding out for the most part.

"Alright," Dot began as she would lay down a map of Burbank, "as far as we know, Burbank is in a hefty state right now. No help may be here for weeks, so it's up to us to figure out if anybody else is around. If we can't find somebody, or a large group who are like us, we're on our own."

Dot continued, circling other areas around Los Angeles. "These areas may have been hit. So, if I had to guess, we'd go to.. Hm.." She took a moment to figure out a possible location before taking out another pen and circling Palmdale, Riverside and Palm Springs.

"Why'd you circle those, sis?" Wakko asked innocently.

"So we have an idea of where to go." Dot replied. "We can't stay here! I mean, did you see what happened to Fal?"

Yakko cleared his throat and smiled. "Sis, I still think Fallon will return to us a-okay. He's playing a joke on us! Whatever that form was.. We cartoons can do it too." Dot and Wakko weren't buying this, and gave each other annoyed looks. "Yak.. I don't think it's a joke." Wakko finally spoke up. Yakko laughed. "Nonsense! It has to be! I mean, you don't just do that unless it's a-"

Dot had enough. "Yakko! You saw the destruction! You saw the people sleeping on the ground! You saw everything and you know that this isn't good at all! Did that missile look fake?? Did the explosion feel fake??" She asked her older brother. "I'm starting to get tired of listening to you insist that this isn't real! It's real, we're here right now and we can feel! This isn't one of our cartoons, Yakko. It's reality!"

This isn't a cartoon...

Those words would stick to Yakko like hot glue. They would remain stuck on his mind for the days, weeks, months.. Years to come. But they weren't there forever.

This shut Yakko up. He would just simply sit down, and look down at the map down in front of him. Dot sighed. "I didn't want to have to do that, Yakko. But I need you to use your head for a second. To just stop and think." She would go back to making a plan. "We might be able to make it to Palmdale. I mean, it shouldn't be too hard, right?" She said, "But we should look around first, and then we'll go through with our plan."

The boys simply followed along with what the Warner sister had to say on what they should do. For the most part, the plan was to see if any survivors were in the city. Then, when they found said survivors, they would begin their trek to Palmdale, with car or no car. Everything seemed to be okay.

But Wakko began to feel a bit funny..

Maybe it's just the stress of the situation.

Was it?