02

"Hold up, so let me get this straight. You guys have never been in the glade at night?" I asked, lightly limping next to Newt who was helping me walk across what they called the glade. His hand was still on my waist but only because I needed assistance walking, nothing else. My injury was only a small sprang but still hurt like hell to put any kind of weight on, should be fully healed and back to normal within a day or so.

"Nope?" Newt replies not understanding my question. Either they were clueless more of the maze opened up during the night or were too scared to explore it.

"And you know the maze moves during the night?" I question again, wanting to see if they were just dumb or little scaredy cats.

"Ya we know, that's why we send people to run it during the day so no one has to come face to face with any grievers." He was the one looking at me like I was insane one, most likely thinking something along the lines of "Bloody hell, this crazed lady runs the maze at night. Wouldn't surprise me if she had a pet griever that slept at the end of her bed."

"No you half-wit you still don't get what I'm saying. At night the maze changes into parts you can't get into during the day, and every morning before the walls open it changes again." I explain to him whilst his eyes widen in realization. After all the questions I asked him I can confidently say I trusted them, they were just like me and the girls back at the clearing but boys. Newt opened his mouth and appeared like he was about to say something but doesn't get the chance because a group of boys jog past us but stop once their eyes find me. As they make their way over to us I slightly stepped closer to Newt, I mean these boys haven't seen a girl that they can remember which made them very unpredictable. I could easily take care of myself but seeing the condition I was in I felt a lot safer the closer I was to Newt.

"Hey Newt, why don't you introduce us to your girlfriend." One of them jokes and I can tell by the tone of his voice he meant no harm, if anything he seemed very friendly. But I guess that didn't matter to Newt because I felt his grip on me tighten a bit.

"I'm Y/n, and you guys are?" I introduce, hoping Newt would see I wasn't uncomfortable and calm down.

"I'm Minho and this is Thomas." Minho says whilst nudging Thomas who looked to be zoned out while staring directly at me. The next thing I know Thomas snaps out of his trance and his embracing me within a split second.

"How is this possible?" He whispers into my ear before cupping my face resulting in us peering deeply into each others eyes. His eyes felt so familiar I just couldn't put my finger on why. Saying I was confused would be an understatement but I was too preoccupied memorizing the color of his eyes to give any thought on how he seemed to know me. The others watched the scene unfold with not only shock but curiosity. He studied my face as if he was trying to convince himself that whatever he was seeing was fake.

"Sorry to break up whatever the hell this is but I still have questions to ask her." Newt proclaims while sending a glare at Thomas as I take a step back them.

"Can I just have a minute with Thomas and after that I'm all yours, okay?" I ask, needing to find out why Thomas felt familiar and how he knew me. In response Newt nods his head before walking off with Minho following close behind him.

"What the hell was that and what did you mean over there?" I instantly question once the others are out of earshot.

"I thought they were just nightmares." He mumbles to himself causing me to roll my eyes at the lack of answers he's giving me.

"Thomas, I need something here to work with. Give me something, anything." I plead, finally feeling what it's like to need the comfort of memories.

"We were young, 11 maybe. I keep getting these images of this little girl, you, and this little boy, me, every night. From what I can gather is that after whoever put us here got ahold of us we were tested on, some more then others. The dream goes is that I was supposed to be asleep but instead I went on a walk round the halls and that's when I saw your limp body getting dragged behind a locked door, there was blood too, a lot of it. I tried everything that I could to get behind that door but nothing worked. I always wake up before I can get to you." Hearing the story being retold to you caused a series of memories to flood back, every memory including Thomas was now playing in my head as if I were watching it on a tv. Somehow by brain flipped a switch, allowing me access to any and everything regarding Thomas.