25

When I woke up the last thing I expected was to be back in WCKED but of course there I was, strapped to a table with Janson and doctor Paige staring down at me. My head was the only thing allowed movement but when I glanced around the room there was nothing to see except empty beds lining the walls.

"Why is it when something goes bad in my life its you fuckheads behind it?" I rhetorically question, the smiles dropping from both their faces. At least I managed to succeed at one thing. I just glare up at them until a doctor enters the room, my eyes now following her instead. When she got closer Janson signaled her over, as she pulled out her stethoscope I thought she was going to check my heart beat but instead placed the end on my stomach. Fear clouded my head, they knew and were going to find a way to use it against me.

"This baby is going to be the answer to all our problems." Paige said, Janson nodding along. Just these few words made me sick to my stomach, the doctor injected me with something because yet again I lost consciousness and slipped off into an endless darkness. It was days before I opened my eyes again. They had kept my heavily sedated until now, so why the sudden change? Everything was blurry and my mind was still foggy but I was still able to distinguish to approaching figures. Thinking it was Janson and Paige I pretended to still be out, I didn't need to torture myself with looking at their hideous faces.

"Y/n, get up." I truly thought I was never going to hear that voice again, it was like music to my ears. When I opened my eyes there Thomas was, Newt standing next to him. I had to be hallucinating, theres no way they could actually be here. It was just another one of WCKED's tricks. When they began undoing my restraints is when I knew they were truly here, breaking me out.

"Is everyone okay? Cora? My mom?" I ask the second I'm fully lucid and on my feet.

"They're all okay. We just need to get you out of here, now." Newt explains as both him and Thomas put on these odd helmets.

"What are you guys wearing?" We were rushing down the halls at this point, no alarms were going off yet which was wonder considering how they had doubled security around here. Just as we were about to take a right into a hall that would lead us out Thomas came to a sudden halt.

"I have to do something first." He was staring straight at me, making a weird amount of eye contact. He was about to do something stupid.

"Then I'll come with you."

"No." He didn't hesitate, I could barely finish my sentence before he denied my company.

"I love you, I'll be back." He declared before running in the opposite direction we were originally headed. I was to shocked by this sudden proclamation I froze, not being able to run after him. The last time I spoke to him we were arguing and this.

"Love, come on." Newt demands whilst tugging me trying to get me to move, the alarms were now going off and I knew Thomas had something to do with it. I let Newt drag me along, my body mindlessly following after him. My thoughts were else where I wasn't focused on where we were going. Did I feel the same about Thomas? I know I liked him a lot but love was such a strong and powerful word. Remembering back to everything we've been through I realized there was no one else I wanted by my side. When I came back to reality I was boarding some type of aircraft, a helicopter maybe. My moms arms were the first thing I was greeted by.

"I love him, mom." I sob, I'm not sure why I told her but with the thought of loosing him I just needed to say what I felt out loud. Part of me hoping he would somehow hear my confession and come rushing back. It was him, always had been and I don't know how I wasn't able to see it sooner.