15

"How long until that pissed off expression leaves your face?" Cora comments, and truly I hadn't realized I was making a face until she pointed it out. I guess all the pent up anger was taking a toll on me after all. 

"Better now?" I question as I fake a sickeningly sweet smile that only made my sister roll her eyes. 

"Are you ever going to forgive him?" I knew who she was talking about but didn't want to answer the question considering I wasn't sure of the answer. 

"Who?" I dumbly ask, hoping she would just let the whole topic go but like me she was too stubborn to do so.

"You know who." She was giving me that glare I remember our mom giving us when she knew we were lying and awaited the truth to spill from our mouthes. 

"I don't know, Cora. What he hid from me was pretty damn important and technically makes him part the reason we're all here." She just nodded, understanding the severity of what he had done. 

"Have you tried to hear him out though? Maybe theres more to it then you think there is. You should just let him explain his side of the story and then see if he's even worth forgiving."

"You're pretty wise for a 13 year old, you know that?" She just responded with a smug look on her face, flaunting she finally got to give her older sister advice instead of the other way around for once. I decided to talk to him when we were some place more safe and private, but now I would stay next to Cora insuring that both of us got out alive. Newt was a little ways ahead of us but every few minutes I would see him turning around and glancing at us making sure we were still there. 

"We're almost there, everyone." I hear Thomas faintly yell from the front of the group, I couldn't see up there but already knew Lizzy was up there taking advantage of my absence. I tried to imagine how Thomas would react but couldn't. He could hate her attention due to the kiss we shared but he could also play into her flirting since I was mad at him for the time being. There was no denying my jealousy but it subsided when I reminded myself of his occupation before the maze. He might have a good explanation but until I heard it my feelings for him would be at the very back on my mind.

It was only a few minutes later until we were in front of the door that led into the griever hole, I could feel in my bones something was about to go very wrong and unfortunately I was right. Within an instant grievers were coming from every which way. I attempted glancing to see what was taking so long for the door to open but I saw a glimpse of a code type lock and knew were we screwed. 

"Go to the front, it's safer up there." I instruct Cora but she didn't budge from my side.

"No, what about you?" 

"I'll be fine, just go." Chances told me I was lying, because I only had a measly spear to defend myself. She hugs me so fast I don't even get the chance to return it before she rushes into the crowd. Everyone was in a full blown panic, people left and right were dying one way or another by the grievers hands. Of course with my luck I made direct eye contact with one just after it finished impaling someone I had seen maybe once before now. I wanted to run but there was no where to go, I was seriously going to die this close to the exit. As it began charging at me I could barely hear cheers erupt from the front and the screech of a door opening, they did it. Yet even with the hope of escaping rushing through my veins I couldn't move, that is until I felt the hand of someone tugging me by the neck of my shirt. 

"Y/n, run, now!" It was Thomas, and I did exactly what he said. Why was he always the one to come to my rescue? Had he come all the way from the front just for me, risking his own safety or even life? We practically dived through the door as if was closing due to being the last ones. The first thing I did was ingulf Thomas in a thankful embrace, forgetting everyone and everything that had happened and letting it be just us for a moment or two. In that moment he was forgiven, it didn't matter what past him did just who he was now, in the present. I still wanted to hear his take on the story but it wasn't as important now. When I finally broke away from him the next thing I did was find my sister who was standing unharmed next to Newt. I ruffled her hair before giving Newt a hug, of course out of everyone Cora had found Newt to watch over her.