14

"I'm going to try and get a head count of everyone, do my best to figure out who and how many we lost." I inform and just as I'm about to leave Gally storms over, an aggravated look covering his face as him and Thomas make eye contact. I knew Thomas could take him if needed but I come to a halt, just in case things go south. No one knows the kind of outbursts Gally is capable of.

"This is all your shucking fault. Everything was fine until you got here." He was pissed and just by a mere glance at Thomas I could tell he was just as confused as I was. In my short time of being here I picked up on Gallys personal agenda against Thomas but never realized how extreme it was until now. People had just died and Gally's using it as a chance to blame and yell at Thomas, what an egoistical dickface. 

"Why don't you relax your eyebrows and back off because you are absolutely insane. Nothing happened, that's it, end of discussion." Thomas snaps back, but I got the feeling both of them were talking about something I had no idea about.

"Would you say I'm as insane as Ben?" Thomas's face fell as Gally brought this up, he glanced back at me before claiming he had no idea what he was talking about.

"Oh, I see. You don't want your little girlfriend to know about what Ben saw."

"What is he talking about Thomas?" I seethe and by his body language this was obviously a topic he had purposely been hiding from me.

"Since a cat seems to have got Thomas's tongue I'll reveal his little secret for you, Y/n. Weeks before you even showed up Thomas was our newest greenie, and Ben was one of our main runners. One day Ben comes back with a huge griever sting in his abdomen, and to sum things up it made it see things, brought back wiped memories if you will. What he saw was Thomas in a lab coat, collecting data with the rest of the psychos while everyone was trapped in these glass tubes. Theres more details I could fill you in on but the main point I'm trying to make is that Thomas was working with or even one of the scientists himself." My body stiffened while my jaw clenched so hard I wouldn't be shocked if my teeth shattered. I glared at Thomas, giving him the chance to deny this was true but he only shamefully stared down at the ground.

He had not only hid very important information from me but worked with the people who made our lives miserable since we were children. He must of knew deep down they had done something to me when we were children and I didn't just magically disappear and yet he was still able to join the very ones who took my chance at a normal life away.

The only feeling I was able to recognize was disgust, I was disgusted with him for obvious reasons but also with myself since I had been the one to put my trust in him in the first place. I refused to make a scene and give him the reaction he was waiting for so instead I bid only Gally goodbye before going around the glade to count how many of us survived. I mentally reminded myself that now wasn't the time for boys and pushed the mere thought of Thomas into the back of my mind. I know it's unhealthy to bottle such emotions up but my current tasks at hand are a little more important than typical boy drama.

An hour had passed and I had a head count of 2/3, meaning that other 1/3 was no longer with us. I didn't exactly know who died but knew enough to figure out how their passings would affect the survivors day to day lives. Considering Newt was 2nd in command I only saw it was necessary to share my findings with him but before I even got the chance to set out and look for him a sharp pain throbbed in the back off my head and in a spilt second everything began fading to black.

When I felt myself start to wake up the first thing I did was immediately sit up, not even bothering to open my eyes before doing so. Unfortunately due to my lack of vision when I was quickly launching my head forward I banged my head upon something that produced a crack noise followed by an offended "ouch."