Chapter 35

Both the cars stopped on collision. Mek was lying inside, unconscious, on top of the steering wheel.

The other driver wasn't as injured. He called the emergency number and took Mek to the hospital.

Chan and Korn were taking some seaweed chips out of the vending machine when they noticed Mek being brought inside the hospital.

The doctors took him inside for checking.

"What happened to him?" Korn asked the other driver.

"We had an accident. Our cars collided. Do you know him?"

"Yes, we do. Thank you for bringing him here." Chan replied.

Chan and Korn took over from there.

The next morning, Porsche was in his hospital bed, having breakfast.

Korn was sitting beside him. Chan went out for work.

Pete and Vegas had come to visit him.

"I think I remember almost everything now. My memories have come back."

"Really? Oh I am so happy." Pete went and hugged Porsche.

"Pete, we should have another double date resort vacation." Porsche said.

"Aw...you remember that too. Yes, please. We will have so much fun." Pete was excited.

"Porsche, Mek met with an accident last night when he was returning home from here." Korn informed him.

"He was here?" Porsche was surprised his attacker came to the hospital with him.

"He feels guilty, more than you realize. You heard him yesterday at the house. He has never tried to kill an innocent man. But because of my bad judgment, he attacked you and he regrets it more than I do. I am sure of it. See, I just gave the order, he was the one behind the wheels doing the dirty work. He feels worse about it. I have known him for a long time. He is not an evil man at heart." Korn said.

"I want to go see him and have a chat." Porsche said instinctively. "Which room is he in?"

"Come we'll take you there." Korn said.

Vegas and Pete came forward to help Porsche sit up.

Porsche laughed, "Guys my problem was with my memories. My body and my balance is fine. I can walk by myself."

"Oh right." Pete laughed. They all laughed.

Korn took Porsche to see Mek.

Mek was lying down on the bed, looking at him. Porsche sat down beside his bed.

Mek's forehead was wrapped to stop the bleeding.

"I am so sorry. I feel so guilty I can never forgive myself." Mek said.

"I understand. I just collapsed last night because it was too much for me seeing your face again. It reminded me of the most horrific event of my life."

Mek took a long second to look at his face.
"You know if you were single, I would ask you out." Mek teased.

"Whoa woah! That is taking it too far. Make sure you don't say that in front of Kinn. He will not like the fact that the person who tried to kill his boyfriend once is now flirting and trying to take him away." Porsche joked to make the situation lighter.

"So do you forgive me?" Mek asked sincerely.

"Of course. I believe that everyone deserves a second chance. If you realize your mistakes and want to do better, why should I hold grudges?"
Then Porsche laughed and passed another light statement, "I mean it would be different if I died that night. I wouldn't have forgiven you if I were dead."

"I am glad you are alive then. I get to have my forgiveness and clear my conscience." Mek laughed but he meant it. He thought he was developing feelings for this man sitting in front of him. However, he could not pursue it. This man belonged to someone else.