[3]

Sun had cracked through dreams curtains once again, rudely awakening him as the sun started to prod and irritate his eyes, he groaned as bringing his hand to his eyes to shield them.

Dream rolled to his side, his eyes catching the alarm clock, 2:10PM, after all it could've been much worse, he didn't get to sleep until nearing four am. He pulled himself from his bed and grabbed his phone heading to the kitchen, deciding to let George rest.

However, he stopped in his tracks noticing the unread messages from the previous night, he didn't hesistate to call Sapnap who answered almost instantly

"Jesus dre, you suck at answering" Sapnap was clearly displeased by his tone of voice, he sounded agitated.
"I know, i'm sorry, George and i fell asleep the second we got home" Dream balanced the phone between his shoulder and ear as he grabbed a glass bottle of water from the refrigerator before making his way to the living room.

"I'm freaking out man, i don't know what to do" Sapnap eventually confessed as Dream sat down now taking the phone into his hand.
"What's up?"
"Man, i probably should've said but i went to north Carolina to see Karl."
"Right, okay, what's the problem with that?"
"So, you know last year- back at the damn gaming event held in Cali that you made me to go ALONE so i dragged Karl, Alex, Jimmy, Luke and a few others"
"Yeah, the night you got your mark right?"
"mhm, so, here comes the issue" Sapnap paused, taking a deep breath "- When we were filming for Jimmy yesterday, there was a segment where we needed to go swimming, you know me i REFUSED to go near the water or even take my shirt off, but karl did"
"And......?" Dream was confused, he hated how Sapnap would always beat around the bush when it came to stories
"His mark, he had a mark Dream"
"I'm confused"
"he had the same mark as me, same place and everything"
"Bull- there's no way, surely you would've noticed before- yknow back at the event?" Dream sat forward in his chair hunching over, He heard a door open and George soon strolled into the living room, Dream raised a finger gesturing for him to be quiet, George shook his head in response and made his way to the couch, curling up beside Dream, a fair distance between them.

"I ain't gay, the hell do i do?" Sapnap was clearly becoming more upset and frustrated
"Did you tell him?"
"Hell nah Dre, like i said i ain't gay"
"Sap-" Dream paused, sighing "-the systems never wrong. Are you absolutely sure it's the same mark"
"Of course i'm damn sure! y'think id be calling you if i wasn't sure?" Dream heard sapnap stand on the other end of the line, obviously angry.
"Jeez man, chill, look maybe you should tell him. Or do some evaluating of yourself. Don't take it out on me Sap, i get your upset but it isn't my fault things haven't worked out your way, alright?"
"Yeah, you're right, i'm sorry" Sapnap sighed
"It's okay, i'm your friend, i s'pose it's what i'm for" Dream chuckled
"I think Karls just woke up, i've gotta go"
"Keep me updated"
" 'kay, bye brother"
"G'bye"

The call was disconnected, Dream dropped his phone beside him on the couch, turning to George.
"What was that about?" George yawned mid sentence, causing his voice to crack in the slightest, Dream chuckled at him doing so.
"Oh, Karl has the same marking as Sapnap and he's freaking out"
"You said that so casually, i hope Sapnapn is okay"
"He'll be alright; i suppose it's a lot for him"
"Yeah, i couldn't imagine finding out my soulmate was my best friend" George giggled
"Yeah, have you been marked yet?" Dream raised an eyebrow, meeting Georges gaze
George simply shrugged in response, "i don't check"
"You don't check?"
"Nope" he popped the o
"Arent you even just a little curious?"
"I mean, if i see it, i see it. Last time i checked there wasn't anything, so why would there be something now"
"Touché"
"Are you marked?"
Dream bit his inner cheek, why did he feel ashamed to admit that he was marked.
"No"
"Oh"
"Oh?" Dream titled his head slightly at Georges reaction
"Nothing, anyway, can you make me food"
"You have legs george" Dream smirked, standing, despite his teasing he'd make George food
"Shut up" George scoffed
"Yeah, whatever, what do you want"
"Surprise me"
"if i must, just go shower you stink" Dream let out a small grunt as he walked to the kitchen to prepare them both a breakfast, George yelling a curse at him as he left.

Upon coming back to the living room, now with a bagel for them each, George was already showered and changed, wearing grey shorts and a plain blue t-shirt that was slightly too big for him. He rested against the arm of the chair, scrolling through the tv.

"Here, dickhead" Dream smiled, shoving the plate in Georges direction, George accepted the plate with an eyebrow raised, Dream sat beside him, kicking his feet up and waiting for George to select a show
"American Telly sucks" George groaned, still indecisive on what to watch
"Ooh Teh-lee" Dream mocked his friends accent, causing him to scoff and roll his eyes, they eventually settled on watching kitchen nightmares, digging into their bagels.

That day they were staying indoors as George adjusted to the temperate and the time difference, George seemed to like florida, despite the constant complaining over the heat, Dream had the AC as high as it could be, yet the house still felt incredibly hot. Both of the boys were red in the face, as if they'd just ran a marathon.

"I think your Ac's broken" George felt his forehead, sweaty and warm
Dream sighed getting up, hitting the AC, George was right. It was only pushing warm air out, obviously making the heat much more unbearable.

"Yeah, you're right, i'll call someone out" He made a mental note to do so as he walked to eat window, opening it and closing the blinds to make sure that the house was shaded.
"Of course it breaks the day i come" George chuckled watching as Dream opened the windows around the house
Dream shrugged, "sorry"
"No, it's not your fault, i'm just playing"
"okay" Dream found himself sitting back beside George, the two just comfortable within each others presences as kitchen nightmares continued to play