[9]

Dream clutched the basket in his right hand, he wasn't too sure what he needed exactly, internally cursing at himself for not writing a list or even properly checking. He knew the basics, of course, such as cereal and peas obviously, maybe a top up on drinks.

He found himself in the meat aisle, his legs feeling cold due to wearing shorts and the aisle being obviously chilled to preserve all of the meat, his eyes glanced down to well cut steaks, pricey steaks. He shrugged, picking them up and placing them into the basket, continuing on with his shopping, stopping to grab some chicken in the poultry section. His feet took him to the cereal section, his sneakers squeaking against the floor, he stood observing, he didn't even know which ones George liked, would he like the overly sugary ones? or the bland ones that old people liked? or the kid ones flavoured like chocolate or sweet berries? He hummed to himself, his eyes glancing over the different colored boxes.

"Dream, is that you?"

Dream, turned, recognising the voice and freezing.

"Uncle Jamie?" He chuckled, staring at the man i front of him.

James, well Uncle Jamie to Dream was obviously his uncle. It was his fathers brother, Jamie was in his late 40's a little younger than Dreams dad, he was the youngest out of Dreams fathers brothers. He was shorter than Dream, a similar height to George, A stubbly chin with a slightly messy goatee, he had slightly balding ginger hair and had soft grey eyes. A soft smile, similar to Dreams.

"Wow son, you've really grown, how longs it been now, eight years? I must've seen you last when you were about what? Fifteen?" The older man chuckled, smiling up at his nephew.

"Thirteen, i think"

"That long, wow-" He gasped slightly, running his hand over his stubbled chin with a gland look on his face. "You really did grow into your looks"

"Is that a compliment or an insult"

"You were well-" He paused, chuckling, "A funky looking kid"

"You're a funky looking man"

"Must run in the family then" Uncle Jamie smiled, crossing his arms.

"I'll take it you still don't talk to Dad then?"

"Pfft, damn right i don't, after how your dad spoke to me i don't think i'll ever forget it" His uncle scoffed, dismissively waving his hand, to which Dream noticed a ring on his ring finger, he didn't know his uncle was married.

"Oh, i'm sorry" Dream frowned, raising a brow.

"Don't be kid, i just hope you didn't take your dads views on that stuff"

Dream wasn't exactly sure what happened with his uncle and father, he knew it was an awful argument that put his dad in a bad mood for months, his mom just would say that his dad was being ridiculous and immature, yet due to Dream merely being a teen he was often not told such serious things, he was told that his Uncle had to move to miami for business, which obviously wasn't true.

"What happened, if you don't mind me asking- back then they wouldn't tell me, cause yknow i was still a kid and all" Dream said, lifting his basked up a bit letting it rest on his arm, instead of clutched in his hands.

"Shit, you don't know?" He scratched at his beard once again, "i really don't know if it's my place, yknow" he sighed.

"I mean, it's down to you at the end of the day, i just was curious"

"Well, i may as well tell you"

"mhm" Dream hummed, waiting for him to continue.

"So, it all happened when i met my soulmate," he paused "your dad was excited until, he met said soulmate."