[6]

Dream spent that morning sat in the back garden, legs crossed on the wooden patio. The warm wood warming beneath him as the sun beat down on his face, igniting his freckles. The sky was clear, no clouds present, a simple bright Florida day. The hum of the pool filter filled his ears, his eyes diverting to the lake just outside of his home, it was a simple, classic Florida home.

He'd allowed George to sleep in, he didn't want to disturb him so that morning he crawled out of bed and made his way to the back garden.

Dream let out a sigh, tracing his fingers over his marking. The fabric of his shorts pushing against the top of his hand as he did so, Dream himself was confused.

Sure George was beautiful, the guy was funny and kind. Yeah he had a mouth on him and could be petty and gobby but it simply added to his personality, he was bubbly and sweet. The most gorgeous features, delicate pale skin. Gentle freckles on his nose and deep brown eyes like the bark of a matured tree, to Dream he was lovely, but then again, he was still his best friend. Dream didn't feel too much besides that, maybe it was uncertainty or fear pushing him away from developing romantic feelings. George was his soulmate though, it was undeniable that those feelings would blossom, but right now they weren't very prominent.

Dream tugged on his cap, shielding his eyes from the sun which seemed to beat down harder than before.

What about when George found out, what if he found out and not by Dream telling him? How would he react, Dream himself didn't know how to feel, let alone George who was rather against the soulmate policies.

There were pros and cons, a pro being that George would get to stay in the USA due to the soulmate law of 1996 declaring soulmates can remain in a foreign country if it's proven their soulmate is within that area with their marks bonded and scarred. Then a con would be seeing his best friend in a different light, surely that couldn't be too hard?

Sure, he'd had crushes on friends before, especially in high school. Yet things were different now, he was older and there were many more complications that came with it. Especially with being so in the public eye, 22 million subscribers, it was a lot of public pressure.

"Dream?"

Dream cocked his body, George was stood lazily in the door way, clutching on the sliding door and peering down at Dream who was still sat cross legged on the wooden patio.

"I've been trying to get your attention for atleast 5 minutes, you seem pretty deep in thought" George smiles, sitting beside dream and crossing his legs. Dream shakes his head, gathering reality back into his palms, "Sorry, yeah, i was thinking about a song i heard this morning"

"Oh right, is everything okay?" George glances from Dream briefly then out at the lake.
Dream nods, "of course, are you alright? Did you sleep well?"
"Yeah, i was thinking about my soulmate this morning"
"What about them?" Dream was quick to reply, possibly too quick.
"Well, who they could be" George mutters, he begins to tie the strings of his hoodie into bunny ears
"Any ideas"
"Nope" George pops the o, finishing the tying.
"What do you think they're like?" Dreams curious, his questioning may seem suspicious, but then again he wanted to understand Georges perspective.
"You're going to call it dumb" He scoffs, looking away from dream.
"No i won't"
"I kinda hope they're someone i already know yknow? I just dont really want to get to know somebody new. Someone i can already trust, someone i know is a good person"
"That's not dumb at all, it's reasonable George"
"I suppose, it's unlikely. Everyone i know either already has their soulmate or doesn't have their mark"
"Oh, i'm sorry"
"Like Sap is soulmates with Quackity and Karl, Bad has Skeppy and you don't have your mark yet" George sighs, running a hand through his hair.
"I have my mark"