Chapter 6: I'm in a Prophecy?!

"And so, The Far Frozen does not fall within the boundaries of the Ghost Zone monarchy as they declared their independence as a Realm during..." the Ghost King trailed off, looking at his young pupils with an expecting gaze.

Danny and Tucker flipped through their notes, stammering incoherent words as they searched for the answer to the question.

"The War of Frozen Flags," Sam answered with a smirk, leaning back in her chair and interlocking her fingers behind her head.

Fright Knight closed the book he was holding with a loud clap. "Correct once again Lady Sam," he said cheerfully, turning to face the large blackboard behind him. He picked up a piece of chalk and placed a tally mark in a column holding the letter 'S'. "That brings Lady Sam to a striking lead of seventy-eight correct answers, Sir Tucker with fourteen and the young Prince to a small, but not unremarkable, six," the Ghost King finished but turning around to shoot an encouraging glance at Danny.

The halfa groaned, slamming his head facedown on the table, his white hair falling over his face. "My head feels like it's been in the Fenton Fryer," he grumbled, lifting his head to rest his chin on the table, "How are you so good at this, Sam?"

The goth shrugged, "As sophisticated as the Ghost Zone apparently used to be, their names for wars are surprisingly simple. Like really, calling a war between the Far Frozen and the Melting Molten, Age of Hot and Cold?" she said, rolling her eyes.

"Oh, I remember that one, truly a fascinating sight," a voice chimed in.

The three teens all groaned in unison as they turned to see a familiar starry spirit, hanging off the back of Ghost Writer. For some reason, Nocturne had decided he had nothing better to do than to sit in on Fright Knight's lessons to the young Prince-in-training and his friends. And when he wasn't eavesdropping in on their lessons or adding his two-cents worth, he was busy harassing Ghost Writer; who had quickly learned that maybe the praise given to the Elder Spirits was not deserved by all of them.

"If I recall correctly, that war waged on right until that other kingdom appeared and helped talk out a peace treaty between the two Realms," Nocturne chuckled, "If you call turning into a dragon and obliterating all their armies a peaceful discussion." As Nocturne continued to chuckle, Ghost Writer's annoyance became more and more evident.

"If you would like to converse with the half-breed and his human friends, by all means do so. Just not on my BACK!" he shouted, his broken glasses become crooked on his face.

Nocturne shrugged, sliding off the wounded ghost and shrinking in size until he was slightly taller than Fright Knight. He glided on the floor to a position behind Danny, placing a hand on the ghost boy's shoulder.

Sam's hand twitched under the table, resisting the urge to activate her Fenton Wrist Ray and blast Nocturne into next week. But she stayed her hand as she watched Danny be completely unfazed by the sudden contact. The goth shot a glance at Tucker who merely shrugged in response.

"Why don't I give them the next lesson Galahad, old friend?" the Elder Spirit said with a toothy grin, tilting his head innocently.

The sound of Tucker gagging distracted the group for a moment, but the technogeek waved his hand as a signal that he was fine.

"It appears my pupils don't mix very well with your teaching methods," the Ghost King offered, patting Tucker on the back.

Nocturne hummed to himself, hand still on Danny's shoulder. Danny had noticed that Nocturne had been very attached to him lately. Almost every time their paths crossed, which seemed to be happening more and more frequently, Nocturne would either try to have physical contact with Danny or just linger very close to the teen. The young halfa at first found it weird and did his best to avoid the starry spirit but eventually grew tired and gave in to Nocturne's odd habit. Considering everything else Nocturne had put the teen hero through, Danny could stand a little uncomfortable bonding time.