Chapter Four

"Ugh, why is this uniform so tight"

Jett was currently trying on the clothes that Brimstone was offering for her first battle alongside Valorant. There were many attempts Jett tried to convince Brimstone to just let her go with a t-shirt and pants but he still didn't budge. The layers of clothing that were constricting her chest were about to make her implode.

"Relax, wind girl" Raze said while bursting into the room with a wrench.

For only being at Valorant for almost a week, Jett was surprised to find that a few people in Valorant were able to talk to her without any issues. Though, 'few' didn't mean all of them. It was hard to have a conversation with Viper, Omen, Cypher, Sova, ..and Sage. Every time she ever engaged in any conversation with them, it seemed like they wanted to strangle her to death.

So eventually, she gave up and avoided talking to them. It was probably for the better anyway.

Though Jett was happy that she was able to make some acquaintances. Though, she was most comfortable with Phoenix and Raze. She knew Killjoy held a bit of resentment toward her, but she wouldn't be derogatory about it. She hadn't had any chance to talk to Skye since she was always out doing something, though the time would come when she would have to meet her.

Jett wanted to flick Raze off at the comment but instead, she flopped onto Raze's soft mattress with a loud thud.

"How do you wear this stuff. I mean, at Kingdom people would just wear cloaks over their casual wear and call it a day"

Jett respected Raze for one of the things that she wouldn't criticize her for talking about Kingdom. Jett found it hard to make any comments about her past to really anyone except for Raze.

Raze shrugged, "I didn't like it at first either. The stitching was tight and man was the fabric itchy. Though, many years of wearing uncomfortable clothing kind of grows on you"

Still, Raze's somewhat helpful advice didn't help Jett. She was tossing and turning in her uniform, "How am I even supposed to fight in this? My arms are practically being crushed!"

Raze sighed, "If you're going to keep moaning and groaning, why don't you do something useful? Like go to the shooting range, or help me with this stupid bot that apparently wants to keep blowing up in my face"

Jett chuckled, "You do know what happened last time I tried to help you with your little boom bot"

Raze remembered clearly. She had given Jett a simple task to screw a nail into a hole but ended up poking the wrong area and let's just say, she didn't have a fun time cleaning up the smoke and residue.

"I suppose you're right. I still don't understand how you managed to mess up screwing a nail but you're full of mysteries after all"

"What's that supposed to mean"

Raze leaned back into her chair and leaned one of her cheeks on her fist, "It just means that no one really knows what will you do or come out of your mouth. Basically, you're unpredictable"

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing"

"Sometimes good, but it can be bad sometimes"

Jett hopped back onto her feet and walked over to Raze, "I can't tell if I should be taking that as a compliment or insult"

"Take it as both. But now that you're here and we have some spare time to chat. Can I ask you something?"

"I'm scared"

Raze laughed, "It's nothing bad, well. Maybe, but you don't have to say if you really don't want to"

"Just shoot"