The Fire Escape

Seokjin

I sat up coughing, and trying to catch my breath, "baby, you're awake, are you okay, what happened did you have a another dream" Jungkook asks worried. "Fire, there was a fire and she couldn't find her mom", I cough again. "How do you feel, you have been out almost 12 hours babe", Jungkook says holding me. "What happened Jungkook, why are we home", I ask. "The cruise was cancelled and  everyone was taken off the ship, I brought you and Jimin back home, Namjoon came and picked him up and I brought you to bed, that asshole chloroformed you and you have been out ever since, how do you feel", he asks.

"I'm a little dizzy, but I am okay, and I'm hungry", I smile. He laughs, pulling me to him for a kiss, "lets eat", he says kissing me again. We got up and went downstairs to eat and watch tv, my phone went off about 30 minutes later, "What's up Yoongi, okay we will be there shortly", I say hanging up and straddling Jungkook's lap. "We have to go to the station", I kiss his lips, I make the kiss deeper, I make the kiss more needy, Jungkook picks me up and carries me to the bedroom. "Yoongi can wait a few more minutes", I say closing the door behind us.

When we made it to the station Yoongi told us that there was a fire in an apartment building, "everybody was evacuated but two people, one was a 17 year old girl, Amber and the other was her mother, Pearl who was partially out on the fire escape dead from a gunshot wound to the head", he showed us the pictures. "That's why she couldn't find her mother", I say. "You had a dream about it", he asks. "Yea, the girl was looking for her mother thru the smoke, she choked to death before finding her", I say. "You didn't see anything about the mother", Yoongi asked. I shake my head, "just that she was looking for her." "The fire was a cover up, to hide the body, but how did she get on the fire escape", Jungkook asked.

I caught a movement out of the corner of my eye, when I looked it was the girl from my dream. I got up and followed her, she walked down the hallway to an office I've never been to before, but I recognize who's office it is. Marty's office, the crime scene photographer, she points to the door, I knock to see if Marty is in there. When he opened the door I smiled and asked if I could see the pictures he took of the murdered woman in the fire. "Sure Jin come on in, I just hung them to dry, take a look, I'll be right back", he says walking out. I look at her staring at the pictures and she points to one. When I look at it it's a picture of a tattoo on the dead woman, my eyes went wide and when I looked at her she pointed to another picture where the victim had 3 letters tattooed behind her ear. I grabbed the picture and went to find Jungkook and Yoongi, they were on a video call with the medical examiner, I stood back out of the way, but Jungkook reached for me bringing me to stand by him, his arm wrapped around me.

"The gunshot is what killed her, she didn't have any smoke in her lungs or nose so she was dead before the fire started", the M.E. says. "That doesn't explain how she was halfway out the window onto the fire escape", Yoongi says. "I'll continue the autopsy, I'll let you know if I find anything else", and with that she ended the call. "What you got there baby", Jungkook says pointing to the picture. I showed it to him, "it's the victims tattoo." "What's it mean", Yoongi says. "This is the start of a Yakuza gang Tattoo, not only that, it's being done by the process of irezumi", I say. "That sounds familiar", Jungkook says. "It's applying tattoo's by hand poking, very painful and a way to show their courage and loyalty to the Yakuza", I say.

Jungkook

"Our victim is Yakuza", I ask. "No but I think she is connected some how, boyfriend, husband, or blood relative, that's the only reason she'd be allowed a tattoo like that, also she has initials tattooed behind her ear", Jin saying. Jungkook stood up, "are you becoming a detective Jinnie", I say wrapping my arms around him and kissing him. "No", He giggled, "the daughter showed me the pictures", Jin said and I was amazed. "She was here", I asked. "She led me to Marty's office to look at the crime scene photo's and showed me the picture of the tattoos", he says. "Do you think the killer knew her daughter was in the apartment also", Yoongi asks. Seokjin looks at me and no words had to be said to know we both thought yes.