i.

THE TOWN WAS QUIET.

no one had been there for days. no one could have been there for days. the incident, as flo and rose called it, had happened a long time ago. they didn't bother to count the days, they just knew that at the time, it was autumn.

the cold breeze flew through both the blonde and brunette's hair. flo's hair was tied in knots, while she tried her best to keep rose's nice and tidy. she would comb her fingers through her hair at least once a day, making sure that she was comfortable.

flo walked through the forest, with rose in her arms who was burning up by the second. she had caught a fever a couple days (or weeks, flo could never tell) ago. it made flo sick to her stomach with the thought of being alone. in a world where she can't talk. with none of her family to help her.

around flo's back was a softball bag with food, a little bit of river water (which was bitter), some softballs, and some blankets. flo didn't know how long the two would be in town, they might spend the night in the pharmacy and see how rose feels in the morning. they never knew.

one thing flo knew, was to never ever take the pill container to herself. she knew for a fact there were other families out there who visited the pharmacy as well. how did she know? once, when she was having some stomach troubles, they went there and grabbed a couple pills from an almost-empty bottle of pamprin. and a couple days later when they went for some winter hats, she noticed it was now empty.

flo knew it couldn't have been the creatures. why would they need some cramping pills?

she continued walking at a quick pace, but making sure to step in the places she's remember for a long time.

over the twig, around the pebbles, through the crushed leaves.

and if anything else got in her way? hop over it. those things brought a little positivity to her life, due to flo always being a tidy girl.

the two arrived into town, going through the alleyway leading into the silent street. rose looked around the street way. although she's only driven through it once, it was very beautiful. it reminded her of a 80's tv show flo once watched in the living room.

flo entered the pharmacy, and was greeted with a humid area. she's always hated the smell of the pharmacy. it smells of needles and hospital sanitizing wipes.

the brunette set rose on the ground by the chips.

"don't touch the bags." flo mouthed, half whispering so rose would actually understand her, which successfully worked.

rose nodded her head, and flo patted her blonde hair. she always knew rose was a more favorited child. her blonde hair and blue eyes proved it. but not matter what happened, flo knew that she would always be there for her.

flo turned to the pharmacy area with the pills. she took a deep breath through her nose and walked towards it, her socks making almost no noise. she slowly rose her shaking hands up to the cabinet, praying that her anxiety over the situation wouldn't get the best of her. she grabbed onto the orange bottle and carefully lifted it over the other bottles.

until she made a little mistake.

flo accidentally bumped another bottle, sending it flying to the floor. but luckily for her, ever sense she had started taking care of rose, she had kind of a sixth sense.

she reached her foot out just a tad and didn't let the bottle of pills come crashing to the floor, but instead, roll off her foot carefully.

flo took a sigh of relief, her back getting chills at the thought of them crashing and attracting one of the creatures.