iv.

MARCUS WAS AWOKEN BY WATER DRIPPING ONTO HIS FACE, and the sunlight coming from the windows up above.

he squinted his eyes awake and looked down at flo, who was still resting her head on the bed with a bloody bandage.

he turned to his side, and then saw something horrifying.

the radio with a note.

keep listening

••••

EMMETT CAME BACK DOWN INTO THE BUNKER, and was greeted by evelyn rushing towards him.

"you have to find her for me." she whispered, handing him the note marcus received, "she's gone to get help, and i need you to go and find her and bring her back to me."

"alright, listen to me-"

"please, emmett, i'm begging you." evelyn plead, longing for her daughter to come back.

"evelyn, please-"

"i'm begging you. we were friends, emmett please." evelyn begged him, beginning to cry, "lee is gone...and now he's gone. and it's a shame, if he were here he's look you right in the eye, and he'd tell you that his little girl is absolutely the kind of person worth saving. so please go find her...and bring her back to me."

••••

EVELYN HELD THE BABY up on her lap, attempting to burp him before putting him to sleep, after she was done with that, she smiled at him and brushed his cheeks off before putting him back in his bed.

when she went to check the oxygen tank, it was low, and she knew it wouldn't last much longer. sighing too herself, she looked over at marcus and flo, who both hand their own place to sleep for once.

••••

THE NEXT MORNING CAME, and evelyn was about to leave to get more things for her newborn and marcus.

she opened the door and stepped out of it carefully and quietly, and went off to find more supplies.

her trip was quickly cut short when marcus noticed his mother was gone, and went up the ladder to find her.

evelyn rushed over to her son, who was angry at her.

"don't go." he said.

"i will be right back. a matter of hours." she assured him.

"but the baby. i don't know how-"

"i showed you how to do it, and also, you have florence to help you out." evelyn reminded him, "stay calm. you have everything you need. everything."

"please." marcus begged her not to go still.

"if i don't leave...soon you'll be in a lot of pain. and i won't know..."

evelyn didn't know how to continue her sentence.

"i won't loose you too." she said, and then cupped the sides of his face, "breathe. okay?"

marcus nodded, and evelyn stood up right again.

"i'll be right back." she finished, as she was off to get everything she needed.

marcus closed up the door and went back down the ladder, and was greeted by flo putting an old sweater evelyn found for her on.

"where's evelyn?" flo asked, adjusting the brown sweater.

"she went out to get more things...for us and him." marcus said, referring to the baby.

"where?" flo asked.

"somewhere. maybe downtown."

••••

FLO WAS TRYING TO GET A SIGNAL ON THE RADIO, while marcus was rocking his baby brother to sleep by singing him a song.

he walked up to the open door on the roof of the bunker, and kissed his baby brother's forehead.

he walked over to florence, who had the huge headphones on, and gave her the baby. clearly confused, florence took the headphones off, "what are you doing?"

"i'm just gonna go searching."

"for what? exactly?" flo asked.

"i just...i feel like there's something out there." marcus said.

flo said nothing, and just stared at him as he walked to the ladder, but she quickly followed him and grabbed hold of his wrist.

"please don't go." she begged him, "i don't...i can't be alone with a kid. i'm scared i'm gonna do something wrong, please don't go, marcus-"

"hey, he's probably just gonna rest. he's really tired," marcus assured you, but it wasn't really enough, "it's not like i'm not coming back. i'll be back, flo."

flo sighed, but nodded quickly, about to turn away from marcus.

"w-wait."

flo turned towards him again, as he looked at her face lovingly.

he hesitantly leaned forward and quickly kissed her lips, turning away from her as soon as possible and going up the ladder.

flo was left a blushing mess.

A/N:

ayyy. it's ya boy. uhhh. skinny penis.