Three

OCTAVIA

I stretch my arms out as I walk to the bathroom, I pull my shorts down and do what I need to. Getting ready, putting on light makeup, brushing my hair.

"Get up!" I yell throwing a pillow on Maeve's face.

"Fuck off," she grumbles turning around.

"We're already late enough," I say packing my stuff.

"Fine," she groans before going to the bathroom herself.

I sit on my bed and pick at my nails as I wait for her, once she finally gets out and changes her clothes we leave to Transfiguration. Walking in and sitting at the back, hoping McGonagall didn't notice. Her back was turned anyways.

"Sorry we're late," a voice says from the door.

Everyone looks and there stands the two new kids.

"Boys, you're disrupting the class," McGonagall says.

"Sorry..?" Mattheo.. I think, says. I don't remember which is which.

"Take a seat, I have an announcement now that everyone is present," she says.

"We will be sitting in assigned seats until the winter break, here is the table arrangements, please come look for your name," she says before placing a large piece of parchment on her desk and sitting down.

Everyone starts getting up and reading their own names, I scan the list to find mine.

Octavia Calvino and Tom Riddle

Great, someone I only know the name of. I look around the room and see him sitting with his brother, they didn't even get up. I roll my eyes and walk up to their table and they look at me.

"Which one of you is Tom?" I ask.

"I'm Tom, what do you want?" He asks coldly.

"We have to sit together," I say.

"Whatever," he mumbles under his breath before getting up.

"We can sit in the back," I offer and he just nods.

We pick the last desk and sit down, he sits closer to the door. I watch as everyone sits with their new desk mate. I see Maeve sitting with Ron Weasley and I chuckle to myself, I'm going to dread going back to the dorm because she's just going to rant about how much he fucks everything up.

(later)

I lean against the wall as Omar walks up to us, Maeve smiles and goes to hug him.

"Octavia, this is Omar. Omar, Octavia," she says.

"Nice to meet you," he smiles putting his hand out.

"Likewise," I smile back shaking his hand. "Can I talk with you for a moment? Alone?"

"Uh yeah I guess?" He says.

"Great," I say before pulling on his hand around the corner and I hear Maeve groan.

"What's your intention with Maeve?"

"What?"

"You heard me, why are you going out with her?" I ask narrowing my eyebrows at him.

"Sh-shes nice, I really like her."

"Mhm, are you going to hurt her if you guys date?"

"Woah, what?" He chuckles confused.

"Nothing, just don't hurt her because if you do then you won't have a head the next day," I smile and his eyes widen.

"I'm just kidding, you should've seen the look on your face," I laugh.

"Oh, haha," he says rubbing the back of his neck.

"I'm not kidding, just don't hurt her and you'll be safe," I smile patting his shoulder before walking back to Maeve.

"I heard that! Really?" She asks.

"Just warning him," I shrug smiling before walking past her.

Then I bump into someone, I look up to see the same guy.

"You again?" I groan.

"You should really watch where you walk," he spits.

I don't say anything, I just hold eye contact until he breaks it and walks past me.