Four

OCTAVIA

"The quidditch trials are next month, will you try out with me?" Maeve asks, pulling on my arm as I'm trying to eat my food.

"I don't know, Eve, quidditch isn't really my thing," I sigh.

"I'll try out with you," Padma Patil shrugs as she buts in the conversation.

"Nice to know I don't have a friend who is lazy," she says, emphasizing the 'lazy'.

"Thanks," I smile sarcastically at her. "The Gryffindors are having a party tonight, are we going?"

"So you'd rather go to a party then try out for a sport?" Maeve asks raising her eyebrows.

"Yes, I would."

"But whatever, we're going," she smiles.

(later)

"Done?" Maeve asks stepping out of the bathroom.

"Hold on.." I trail off putting on my mascara. "..And done."

She smiles as she links our arms together, walking us out to the Gryffindor common room. For a second I thought we were screwed, but thankfully the Weasley twins were there to say the password to the fat lady.

"Woah, this was hundred percent a party threw by Fred and George," Maeve chuckles.

"Well obviously, there's multiple choices of alcohol." I walk over to the bar and get shots of tequila.

My face scrunches up at the sour feeling down my throat, I shake my head as I swallow it. Taking a few more shots.

"I'll never get use to those," I say putting the shot glass on the counter.

"Never will I!" Maeve slurs loudly from beside me, struggling to put the glass back down.

"I think you're already used to them," I chuckle pointing at her smudged lipstick. 

"Hey!" Maeve yells waving her arm to someone behind me.

"Hey love," Omar smiles kissing her cheek.

"So you two are dating..?"

"Yes," Maeve smiles.

"Okay well it's time for me to go dance," I say.

"Yeah, I'm going to go to Omar's dorm." Maeve winks at me before holding Omar's hand and walking upstairs together.

I walk to the middle of the common room and hold onto Seamus' hand, dancing against each other. We've always been best friends. But being placed in different houses is somewhat a challenge.

I was the small kid that would get picked on, and Seamus helped me, I know right, crazy. Now I fend for him instead, but I don't mind.

I dance with him to the music, other people joining in, making a whole dance circle. Couples going in one at a time to see who's better.

Soon enough Fred drags Hermione to the dance floor, my jaw drops all the way to hell.

"Since when are they a couple?" I whisper to Seamus.

"I dunno," he shrugs.

I look around the room and see Ron, his face as red as his hair. He just storms up the stairs, Harry following after him.

After a while of dancing and drinking shots I leave the Gryffindor common room, making my way to the Ravenclaw tower. But my drunk self decided to go to the astronomy tower instead, walking up the large steps and leaning against the railing.

Looking down at the schools courtyard.

"We need to stop running into each other."