Seven

MATTHEO

"God damit," I groan.

I get off the bed and put my pants back on, walking to the bathroom. I wash my hands and close my eyes for a few seconds, and in those few seconds her brown eyes come to mind.

I groan loudly and open my eyes, drying my hands off. Just as I walk out my brother walks in the room, he looks at me and chuckles before going to his side of the room.

"What?"

"Nothing," he says. "Who is it?"

"Huh?" I ask him sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Who's the girl that's taking over your mind." I scoff.

"There's no girl."

"Oh really?"

"Yes really, what even makes you think there's a girl?"

"You have that look." He gets up and walks to his closet.

"What look?"

"The same look you had for Kia-"

"Stop!" I yell standing up, I look at him to see him shaking his head. I scoff and leave the room.

OCTAVIA
(next morning)

"Did you ask Ale?" I ask Maeve.

Clutching my books into my chest, walking down the corridors to transfiguration.

"Yeah, he's up to it."

"Thank Merlin, if Ale isn't in board than the party will be a busy."

"We still have Cass," she shrugs.

"Not the same without Alejandro."

We chuckle at each other and walk into class, parting ways and sitting at our assigned seats.

As I'm sitting I notice Tom sleeping, I cough loudly and drop my books on the desk making him jump a little and wake up. He groans and looks my way.

"McGonagall doesn't like when we fall asleep," I point out.

"My life equals none of your business," he scoffs and lays his head on his arms once again.

I scoff at him and turn my attention to the front, watching McGonagall walk up to our desk. She taps her wand on Tom's side and he jumps up a little again.

"Like I said-!" He doesn't get to finish his sentence before his lips are sealed shut.

His eyes widen as he tried to talk, I chuckle and point behind him. He looks to where my finger is pointed and jumps back a little.

"I'm not sure if Ms. Calvino informed you but I do not like when students sleep in my class." She walks back to the front.

The class emerges with small and low chuckles before the class begins.

As class ends, Tom's lips are unsealed and he grumbles before taking off. I roll my eyes and stay back a bit to pack my things away.

"Ms. Calvino?" I look to the front, "do you mind coming here for a second?"

I shake my head with a polite smile and walk up to the front, watching McGonagall stack her papers.

"Would you be up to tutor a student? It's understood if not."

"Uh, no of course I can. Who's the student?"

"Mattheo riddle."

Those two words makes my heart drop to my stomach, crap. I should've asked for his name before I agreed. I cringe a little at his voice.

"You called for m.." his sentence stops and I look back.

His jaw tightens and he runs a tongue across his cheek, shaking his head he walks up to the front.

"Octavia will be the one helping you with your studies Mattheo."

"There's no one else?" He asks rudely.

"She has the best scores in the class, would you like to succeed Mr. Riddle?" She asks.

"Whatever," he says and walks out.