Chapter 6

Jaidee

School competitions were coming up and most of the teachers had their eyes on Punn for EVERY competition. From sports to language to mathematics, we all knew he could easily join all of them because of his potential but his body could only take so much.

"Can't you convince him to just join one and be done with it?" I told Claire as I ate my lunch. She sighed, picking at the food on her tray. The bell rang and she smiled.

"What's with the creepy smile Claire?" I asked as she happily cleaned up her tray, grabbing the two bottles of juice.

"See you later Jai. I have tango practice with my boyfriend, Punn." She dreamily said and I shook my head before waving and smiling at my best friend as she merrily walked away.

Punn asked her out after her performance and they've been dating for about a week. Punn was actually the one who had sent Korn Pangrum's video, not Wave. I was so happy for both of them but sad for Korn. He rarely ate us with anymore and when he did, he'd just quickly eat and leave, not sparing us a glance. He mostly talked with me now and tries to avoid Claire and Punn altogether. He even went as far as changing clubs from drama to photography.

"Hey." I looked up and saw Korn, smiling.

"Hey you." I said as he sat down with his tray of food.

"How's your dates with Wave been?" He teased and I choked on my juice. He laughed before handing me a tissue. I glared at him as I wiped my mouth.

"They're not dates Korn. I'm helping him study in biology okay?" I told him as I chewed on a piece of broccoli.

"Sure sure. A girl and a guy spending time with each other after classes isn't dating." He teased as he ignored my glare.

"I am not dating him. I'm helping him study okay?" I clarified and he just nodded sarcastically, clearly not believing me.

"So how's the photography club?" I asked and he frowned.

"Not much people joined so it's mostly just me." He said and I gave him a small smile.

"Maybe you should do something to interest them Korn. Maybe ask Claire to model for you? I'm sure she'd jump at the chance to get her picture around school." I suggested and Korn thought for a while.

"That's a good idea. But she's too busy with Punn these days." He lamented and I frowned.

"Well, there are a lot of pretty girls here. Why don't you ask them? Mon could work as a model too. Aren't you guys close?" I suggested.

"Yeah but Mon's busy with the competition and let's be honest no other girl here is prettier than Claire except for maybe you Jai." He said and I shrugged.

"Except you huh? Jai, can you do me a favor?" Korn repeated and gave me a pleading look.

Oh, no.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So that's how I ended up modeling for Korn. Nothing too major, just street shots and all. I didn't agree immediately but I had to deal with a groveling Korn who was muttering words like 'my dear friend Jai doesn't want to help me' 'Oh poor me' so I broke and said yes. Korn put up my pictures the next day and students were immediately flocking to the club.

 Korn put up my pictures the next day and students were immediately flocking to the club