Chapter 7

Jaidee

Punn resigned from his position as the head student and he's gotten better. He's taking it really easy these days. Not taking too much responsibilities but he did stay in the music club. Claire was happy about it since it meant they would get to spend more time with each other.

The school was in frenzy yet again. Because some sick pervert is stealing the bras of female students. Ms. Ladda was still trying to find out who it was with no luck.

"As you may all know, Punn has resigned as the class president." Mr. Pom said, turning to Punn.

"It is necessary for me to select a new class president. We've made the selection based on the list submitted earlier. The new class president is Wave." Mr. Pom continued before gesturing to Wave who was standing beside him, bored out of his mind.

No surprise there.

"Wave. Do you want to say something to your friends?" Mr. Pom asked as Wave stopped playing with his tablet and turned to face us.

"As the new class president, there's something I've always wanted to do. I want to see us improve. I want to see everyone develop to their full potential." Wave announced.

"Is this really him?" Ohm whispered to me, and Pang and I just shrugged my shoulders.

"First, we need to tie up some loose ends. For example, we need to deal with those who ditch class often." Wave continued, pointing to Mon's empty chair. She was busy with club activities, and I think she really enjoyed hanging out with her members.

"It's him, all right." Ohm joked and I laughed slightly.

"Okay, is that—" Mr. Pom continued but Wave wasn't done yet.

"And those who have yet to discover their gifts. To give them a nudge to study harder, I want those who haven't discovered their gift to maintain the classroom and clean the room every day until they find their special ability." Wave ordered and my eyes widened in shock. The only people in class who haven't discovered their potentials yet were me, Pang and Korn. Korn was still recovering from his injuries and moving his arm was still painful so he wasn't in. So, it meant only me and Pang were on cleaning duty.

Wait, if I had to clean the room everyday then does that mean I won't have to tutor Wave anymore? Then again, cleaning the classroom is still a hassle because I still had to report to the infirmary as a member of the nursing club every day after class.

"Son of a bitch." I heard Pang curse under his breath.

"Why are you doing this?" Mr. Pom asked.

"To motivate them. If they don't want to be on cleaning duty, they should focus more on finding their gift. Who knows? They may later find out that their gift is cleaning. Or they may have already known that they don't have any gift at all. This will be a wake-up call for them to realize they don't belong here and resign from the program." Wave spat and I flinched, hanging my head low. I tried not to let his words affect me because I knew he was clearly targeting Pang but it was still a low blow.

"All right. If you think this will help your friends develop their gifts, we can give it a try." Mr. Pom announced and I looked at him in disbelief then back at Pang.

"What the hell?" Pang cursed as Wave smirked back at him.

"Okay. Go back to your seat. Let's start the class." Mr. Pom said as Wave walked back to his seat.

I groaned and looked at Pang who looked just as annoyed.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -