Chapter 9

Jaidee

MIDTERM EXAMINATIONS

I felt like my brain was being pulled in different directions. Exams started early in the morning then we had 2 hours for lunch and another set of exams would follow after.

"Exams are not good for my skin. Look at the bags under my eyes!" Claire complained as she lugged her bag around her shoulder. Punn, Korn, and I laughed at her.

"Don't worry Claire. It's the weekend tomorrow so we can relax now, okay?" I told her as she squealed before pulling me towards the cafeteria.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

THAT NIGHT

"Just what I needed." Claire sighed in contentment as I placed the snail essence oil on her face.

"I've been stressed out all week, I felt like my face was gonna break out. Oh! I can't even imagine my face having a soul-sucking, life-ruining, face crater!" She dramatically spat, frowning. I laughed smoothing out the oil on her forehead.

"Stop frowning. You'll get wrinkles, Claire." I warned her and she pouted before keeping still.

"Hey, Claire. Aren't you wondering why aren't there any exams for The Gifted Program? Did Mr. Pom forget?" I asked and she hummed.

"That's insane. He couldn't possibly forget such an important thing. He must have wanted us to focus on other exams. Honestly, even if we're ranked at the bottom, we are still Gifted. There's no need to compete with anyone." Claire pointed out.

"But still, it's rather strange." I added.

A few minutes pass and I was brushing through my hair when mine and Claire's phone beeped. It was a message from Mr. Pom. I looked back at the clock before reading the message. It was 9 pm.

"All Gifted students are being called to the auditorium. The midterm exam is about to start." I read out and I looked at Claire who looked annoyed. She had just washed her hair and was about to read through her script for the new play.

"Duty calls." I said, grabbing my phone and something to throw on my pajamas.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"You could've told her to change into pants Jai." Punn told me as Claire walked in wearing a maroon oversized shirt and white shorts underneath. She was too annoyed to put on pants because she was so done with this school. A towel was on her head and she was wearing a pair of brown-rimmed prescription glasses.

I was dressed in a matching pink silk pajama set, my hair was pulled back into a messy low ponytail. Over my top was an oversized white hoodie and a pair of pink slides were on my feet.

"I don't see you complaining." I teased as Punn blushed.

We were all there except for Ohm and Pang who arrived late. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion when I saw the director.

What was he doing here?

We all took our seats as the director stepped up to the podium. I sat beside Namtaan like I usually did in class.

"Hello to all of you. My name is Supot Chueamanee. I am the director and the headmaster of your program. Although we do not meet often, I've been keeping an eye on you. I am very proud of all of you, including you, Pawaret." The director said, setting his eyes on Pang who looked unsure.

"I'm waiting to hear about your gift." He told Pang.

"Yes, sir." Pang said, nodding.

"Today, you have a special midterm exam. But first of all, I have a question for you. Have you noticed why every school has so many urban legends, strange mysterious incidents that no one can solve? That's because every school has its secrets that cannot be made known to ordinary people. Well, the exam will begin in a few minutes and will be until noon tomorrow. Whoever scores the highest is entitled to one request, which I will grant." Director Supot announced and I saw Wave raise his hand.