Chapter 13

Jaidee

It was the second to the last day of the first semester. Exams for both our regular classes and Gifted classes were scheduled tomorrow. However, the Gifted class exams were to take place in the afternoon after everyone had left for their homes.

I had heard from Namtaan that Korn and Mon had their potentials removed. She explained that they met up with the director and were no longer under the Gifted class. I was sad that I wouldn't be able to see them in the Gifted class anymore.

"Mon!" I called out as I saw her, she was heading to the gym.

"Oh. Jai! How are you feeling? I heard you got discharged yesterday." She said with her bag over her shoulder.

"A lot better. Mon, I heard you and Korn got your potentials removed. How is that possible?" I asked and she nodded.

"The director gave us a shot to control the chemicals in our brains to make it normally work again. It will take some time but Korn and I will be normalized again." She explained and I nodded in understanding.

"Are you happy?" I asked her.

"I know I should be but I can't push away the feeling that something's missing you know. I guess I have to get used to being normal again." She said and I smiled.

"So I guess, I'll see you around Jai. Thank you again for everything." She said, smiling before she walked to the gym.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"What's your plan?" I asked Wave as he drank his juice. We were at the rooftop, reviewing for the written exams tomorrow. I sat beside him on a wooden crate, the notes for our math class laid on my lap. Wave took care of that and made one for me and Pang.

He had told me what happened the night before. They had acquired a folder containing very important documents about the Gifted program but apparently, Mr. Pom had stolen them back. He also had used his potential to erase Pang's memory because Wave found him, standing by his dorm door, motionless.

"Pang and I have to get those documents back. Everything we have to know was in them." He told me and I nodded.

"How are you going to do that? We have exams the whole day and I think Mr. Pom has been keeping a close eye on you and Pang." I told him and he sighed.

"I don't know but we just have to push through with it. No matter the consequences." He stated, looking at me. I could see fear in his eyes. Something I don't usually see.

"Wave." I said, placing my hand on his. He looked at it before looking up at me.

"Promise me that both of you will be careful and run if it's too dangerous." I begged, looking him straight in the eyes. He frowned before holding my hand that I placed on his, grasping it tightly and intertwining our fingers.

"I promise. Take care of yourself tomorrow. I don't want you getting hurt." He said and I nodded before laying my head on his shoulder, our hands still intertwined.

I feared for what could happen tomorrow, whatever the outcome would be, rested solely on what he and Pang would do.

Would they win?

Or will they lose?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Hi, everyone, today is the last day of the first semester. We will get to go home at lunchtime. But please clean your classrooms before you go home. We will host a group of board members from the Ministry of Education. I wish everyone in the school a happy break. See you again in the second semester."